Samsung G700 gaming laptop arriving today, what games will impress me??

Associate
Hey Everyone,

My G700 is turning up later today, I've had macbooka for the last 5 years so havent done much gaming on anything other than my Xbox.

What games out there are good eye candy??

On my xbox I played stuff like Halo, Skyrim, Space Marine. I used to like Dawn of War and Total War, command and conquer back in the day.. I'm open to trying anything though if its going to look good.

Associate
I got the same laptop...

Get crysis, crysis warhead, battlefield 3...they all look incredible on that laptop...full 1920x1080 resolution, everything on highest setting...you will be blown away!

Associate
OP
So far I have ordered Skyrim, Battlefield 3, and Shogun 2..

I'm really tempted to get Star Wars: The Old Republic as well, but really dont want to get too sucked into anything like I was with WoW years ago LOL.

Associate
Dont waste your money on any of the Crysis games, probably the most overpriced, shonky gameplay ive ever had the misfortune to buy, clearly concentrated on gfx alone. BF3 and skyrim are good to start with..

Soldato
Skrim with mods will make your new laptop sing..

Metro 2033 another good example.

Batman Arkham city is a nice looking game with a good dose of gameplay included..

Associate
Dont waste your money on any of the Crysis games, probably the most overpriced, shonky gameplay ive ever had the misfortune to buy, clearly concentrated on gfx alone. BF3 and skyrim are good to start with..

He wants games that are eye candy...and crysis definitely fits the bill...you can pick up crysis and crysis warhead double pack for £10 on amazon.

Plus I think the gameplay is very good...huge sandbox game with many ways to tackle the objectives...plus the mods aswell.

Associate
Also buy an SSD drive and install it in your laptop...will make all games and programs run much faster...crucial m4 128gb is the best I think.

Soldato
Also buy an SSD drive and install it in your laptop...will make all games and programs run much faster...crucial m4 128gb is the best I think.

I think the OP has got a 256GB SSD going on his post in the laptop section of this forum..

I have to say, the Samsung G700 does look to be a 'very' good gaming laptop.

Crysis 2 with the DX11 texture pack should be on your list as well, if only for the eye candy.

And if you fancy it, The Witcher 2 is meant to be an epic game that looks good. Not got it myself, been considering it, but my laptop isn't as powerful as yours, might creek under pressure.. lol

Associate
OP
I think the OP has got a 256GB SSD going on his post in the laptop section of this forum..

I have to say, the Samsung G700 does look to be a 'very' good gaming laptop.

Crysis 2 with the DX11 texture pack should be on your list as well, if only for the eye candy.

And if you fancy it, The Witcher 2 is meant to be an epic game that looks good. Not got it myself, been considering it, but my laptop isn't as powerful as yours, might creek under pressure.. lol

Yep, I bought myself the one below

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-010-CR&groupid=701&catid=2104&subcat=1427

I'll check out Crysis and the Witcher 2 as well.. I'm really looking forward to seeing Battlefield 3 in 3D..

Associate
OP
Well the laptop has arrived and what I was hoping to be the SSD drive as well, but instead Overclockers felt it would be more beneficial to send me a Zalman Z9 tower case instead!! LOL..

I really wanted to have everything installed and sorted over the weekend.. Looks like I'm going to have to wait until next week now! :(

Associate
Just installed Dawn of War 2. And tried playing it in 3D. It ran way too slow, is this normal?

The reason it's running slow because frame rate halves when you turn on 3d (because the game scene has to be rendered twice to get the 3d effect)

What you need to do is lower the resolution and graphics settings to get it to play at a stable framerate.

Back
Top Bottom