Samsung Galaxy Fold - First foldable screen smartphone from Samsung

Caporegime
Obviously the price is obscene. But if money doesn't matter its a cool thing to have.

I'm not a fan of tablets. Certainly not android tablets so it serves no purpose for me.

Soldato
Looks quite thick but expected due to being a first generation fold-able device. I'm sure as the tech gets better they'll be able to thin it down to a point where it's no more thicker than today's handsets once folded.

Front screen is pretty small compared to the standard sizes we see today but I suspect this is aimed at people who want a tablet type device foremost and phone second.

Probably also aimed at those with deep pockets given the price tag!

Was the battery capacity confirmed at all? The folded out screen is sure to draw a lot of power.

Man of Honour
If the screen is truly seamless I wouldn't say no... except the bevelled edges that puts me right off can't stand them personally.

Associate
Yeah if it came with an s pen then I would be placing a pre order.
That was my only gripe with the note 8 I had to keep turning it landscape to write notes. This samsung fold would work well or maybe it should have been the natural evolution of the Samsung note range?

Soldato
The price is absolutely insane. I guess if you are really into mobile phones and tablets though it would be quite cool. For me though a Kindle Fire 8 HD tablet and a OnePlus 6 will do me just fine :).

Maybe in 10 years time when these have reached the £500 price point I might consider it.

Soldato
Looks like the Mate X is a better design.

The screen effectively being on the outside edge might make it a bit fragile though.

Back
Top Bottom