Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2560 x 1600 - drool)

Man of Honour
Edit: Can we get a million and one benchmarks? Not sure how much more powerful this actually is than the tablet z.

3D Mark
Epic citadel
Gfx bench
And any others please!

Thanks

Here we go:

3DMARK

5ai6.jpg

wel2.jpg

more....

Soldato
Thanks a lot, looking at the benchmarks it's not uber powerful but definitely up there with the top of the range stuff... If I can actually get to a store that has one I'll definitely pick one up after work.

Can't wait!

Associate
A friend has one of these but has mentioned he is struggling to find many Apps that support multi tasking. I thought that was a Touchwiz feature rather than App?
He's thinking of Rooting it to enable more multi tasking Apps and features. Is this correct and can anyone confirm how good/bad the multi tasking is?

Soldato
Pretty sure the "multi tasking" is only the built in apps. If you mean the multi window stuff.

I went back to my local store and even though the website said they had none in stock they had one locked away in a cupboard somewhere as a "demo unit" so I'm rocking my new Note 10.1 :D

First impressions vs the xperia z is that the screen is better, brighter and better whites. The note screen also seems to pop more. There is also no bleed on the note screen, there's a small amount on my xperia and the xperia also has some darkening at the bottom.

The note is a lot narrower than the xperia so it's easier to reach further into the screen to click things.

Sound is much better and louder on the Note, and because the speakers are near the top I'm not covering them with my hands all the time meaning there's much better volume and stereo.

Weight difference is not very noticeable, only 40g...

Image for size comparison with the tablet z:

Soldato
So I took another few macro shots, I took them all with the same exposure settings so you should get an idea of what the screen actually looks like and it's brightness.

Exif:

EXIF IFD0
Camera Make Canon
Camera Model Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Last Modified Date/Time 2013:12:05 23:04:01
EXIF Sub IFD
Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) 2/1 second ===> 2 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop 16/1 ===> ƒ/16
ISO Speed Ratings 100
Original Date/Time 2013:12:05 23:51:30
Shutter Speed Value (APEX) -1/1
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) 1/0.5 second
Aperture Value (APEX) 8/1
Aperture ƒ/16
Exposure Bias (EV) 0/3 ===> 0
Flash Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length 55/1 mm ===> 55 mm

Three tablets got together for a party:

Nexus 10:

Xperia Tablet Z

Note 10.1 2014

As you can see the Note screen is quite a bit brighter and has over-exposed a little. You can also clearly see the pentile effect on the Note screen.

Cropped:

Nexus 10:

Xperia Tablet Z:

Note 10.1 2014:

Original images here:

Nexus 10:
http://chaoticsignal.com/uploads/nexus_10_org.jpg

Xperia Tablet z:
http://chaoticsignal.com/uploads/xperia_z_org.jpg

Note 10.1 2014:
http://chaoticsignal.com/uploads/note_10_2014_org.jpg

Soldato
Still no MK1 for UK :(

I get a few random issues to do with touch, when waking up from sleep the screen just doesn't want to work correctly, now worms seems to be having a touch based problem.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I know this isn't the best place to ask, but, if you had the choice of this or an iPad Air, what would you go for?

All the reviews I've seen point to the Air, but only just....

An unbiased opinion anyone!? :)

Back
Top Bottom