Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 - Help with an app?

Soldato
Hi,
The other half is looking at getting a tablet for work, but she needs to run a very specific app - Which thanks to Samsung's lovely tinkering with Android, doesn't always work on all Android platforms!

Does anyone have a Tab A 10.1 which they can check and see if an app installs? (On her phone, it's the 'correct' version of Android, but the play store refuses to allow the download saying its not compatible)

The app is: Echo Meter Touch Bat

Would be much appreciated :) Cheers!

Soldato
Hi,
The other half is looking at getting a tablet for work, but she needs to run a very specific app - Which thanks to Samsung's lovely tinkering with Android, doesn't always work on all Android platforms!

Does anyone have a Tab A 10.1 which they can check and see if an app installs? (On her phone, it's the 'correct' version of Android, but the play store refuses to allow the download saying its not compatible)

The app is: Echo Meter Touch Bat

Would be much appreciated :) Cheers!

Which phone ? .. I've not got a Samsung tablet but the app downloaded to Note 9 , S9+ & S7 edge fine

Associate
Just installed it on my Tab A 10.1 2016 (SM-T580) and it installed fine and giving the relevant permissions was no problem. However obviously not having an Echo Meter means I can't test it further.

This particular Tablet is very impressive having a full HD screen and incredible battery life. I only use it for reading magazines and easily get 20 hours Screen on Time.

Soldato
OP
Awesome, thanks a lot for testing that - Very helpful to know.

How does it seem to handle 'demanding' tasks - Is it smooth with something like Google Earth for example, or is there any noticable delay/lag?

Associate
While it's smooth with Google Earth I haven't used anything demanding on it, as I said I only use it for reading magazines.

After saying that it's currently on Nougat but I think there's an Oreo update waiting in the pipeline. I'm thinking of rooting it and keeping it on Nougat though.

Back
Top Bottom