*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

Soldato
But I use the spec so what then? Case is nice aside from the overhang flap. I'll stick with it until another case comes along that holds the spec, allows wireless charging.

Yes I was thinking that too tbh. Ahh where is the Spen going to go. Tis true what you say, I'll try and put up with it I think and get another like you when it comes along.

Soldato
Been using a 12 pro max/AW5 for 6 months. Generally happy and everything works ok, things started to get a little stale and same old same old and now have the upgrade itch.

Fold3 was announced and it intrigued me. Got one ordered and it arrived today as well as a watch4 classic.

(Not a noob to android), set it up just how i like it and wow the screen does blow you away. The front screen i find a little too narrow for my fat thumbs but using the main screen is a Joy.

you can feel the screen crease with your finger which was a little off putting at first but this soon goes away.

first day today and battery got battered with all the setting up of apps etc but I can see how people are little worried about it.

the under screen camera hides it self very well and not bothered me one bit.

for the way I use my phone I think the fold3 Isn’t very practical for me. I’m too used to whipping a phone out of my front pocket , unlock and get on with it. If the front screen was a little wider then it would be even better, ie use the front for on the go and use big screen when you have more time and want to do more in-depth work.

folded size is also a little bit of a concern. im using it naked right now but once there is a case on it, it will simply be too bulky for my liking.

i then played with the iPhone and instantly can see how dated it looks lol.

I think il try the S21 ultra next to see if that is better for me, a better camera and battery On par with the iPhones.

the watch4 classic is a joy to use though. Really like it and will be keeping it.

just my 2p worth, I’m glad i tried it, technology has certainly risen to the next level.

Soldato
Been using a 12 pro max/AW5 for 6 months. Generally happy and everything works ok, things started to get a little stale and same old same old and now have the upgrade itch.

Fold3 was announced and it intrigued me. Got one ordered and it arrived today as well as a watch4 classic.

(Not a noob to android), set it up just how i like it and wow the screen does blow you away. The front screen i find a little too narrow for my fat thumbs but using the main screen is a Joy.

you can feel the screen crease with your finger which was a little off putting at first but this soon goes away.

first day today and battery got battered with all the setting up of apps etc but I can see how people are little worried about it.

the under screen camera hides it self very well and not bothered me one bit.

for the way I use my phone I think the fold3 Isn’t very practical for me. I’m too used to whipping a phone out of my front pocket , unlock and get on with it. If the front screen was a little wider then it would be even better, ie use the front for on the go and use big screen when you have more time and want to do more in-depth work.

folded size is also a little bit of a concern. im using it naked right now but once there is a case on it, it will simply be too bulky for my liking.

i then played with the iPhone and instantly can see how dated it looks lol.

I think il try the S21 ultra next to see if that is better for me, a better camera and battery On par with the iPhones.

the watch4 classic is a joy to use though. Really like it and will be keeping it.

just my 2p worth, I’m glad i tried it, technology has certainly risen to the next level.

Thanks for sharing mate.

How is everyone else getting on too with it?

Associate
Yes still enjoying it. Only real downside I'm finding is the battery life, it's not terrible, but it's not great either. Averaging 4-5 hours SoT.

I'll decide by next weekend whether it stays or goes, as Samsung give 28 days money back guarantee.

If I do decide to return it I'll be sticking with Samsung, really enjoy their version of android (after running pixels and one plus past few years).

Soldato
I stuck a Spigen Slim Armor Pro case on mine and it’s solid lump. I don’t like the front screen but the main screen is very good. Battery life isn’t great and I’m 50/50 on a return also.

Associate
Mines wiped, boxed up and ready to return to o2.

I really wanted to like it, but unfortunately for me, the front screen is not big enough for every day use, it's even worse with the Spigen Slim Arnour Pro installed. Speaking of which, I had a mare trying to remove the rear section from the phone. Also I'm suffering too much battery anxiety with the Fold's inadequate power source.

Few things I'd like to see on the next Fold:

• Bigger battery
• Wider outer display
• Pen support on the outer display
• Pen storage built into the phone
• All/some cases need to allow easy access to the sim tray

I'll stick with my S21 Ultra and iPhone 12 Pro Max for the foreseeable. Sorry Fold 3, it's been emotional.

Last edited:
Associate
OP

I really wanted to like it, but unfortunately for me, the front screen is not big enough for every day use, it's even worse with the Spigen Slim Arnour Pro installed. Speaking of which, I had a mare trying to remove the rear section from the phone. Also I'm suffering too much battery anxiety with the Fold's inadequate power source.

• Bigger battery
• Wider outer display

I'll stick with my S21 Ultra and iPhone 12 Pro Max for the foreseeable. Sorry Fold 3, it's been emotional.

sad times!! hehe i am loving mine!! (for now)

Soldato

• Bigger battery
• Wider outer display

I've just put mine on power saving mode and can't tell any difference with the speed of the device so that will extend the battery. There doesn't seem to be a delay in notifications.

People will say its a waste in power saving but the phone is super quick still.

Last edited:
Associate
I've just put mine on power saving mode and can't tell any difference with the speed of the device so that will extend the battery. There doesn't seem to be a delay in notifications.

People will say its a waste in power saving but the phone is super quick still.

Thats what I’m trying to, have not noticed too much of a difference apart from smoothness, I have turned the animation scales to 0.5 in developer settings and it’s more fluid compared to when I had the s21 ultra with same power saving settings. I’m getting 2 hours screen on time per 25% with these settings on the fold3 compared to 1hr 15 mins with original settings. Will be trying power saving mode with 96hz refresh to see what difference that makes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats what I’m trying to, have not noticed too much of a difference apart from smoothness, I have turned the animation scales to 0.5 in developer settings and it’s more fluid compared to when I had the s21 ultra with same power saving settings. I’m getting 2 hours screen on time per 25% with these settings on the fold3 compared to 1hr 15 mins with original settings. Will be trying power saving mode with 96hz refresh to see what difference that makes.

Yeah the screen still looks amazing, with the quality OLED display. It feels smoother still than my note 9,maybe it's because of the faster cpu, anyway makes the phone even more awesome! How do you set up 96hz mate?

Back
Top Bottom