*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

Soldato
there is no 'Return' button.

Samsung are appalling for stuff like this. I wanted to cancel an order that was preparing dispatch and there was no cancel button either. I spoke to their “customer service” who “raised a ticket” but the item was sent four days later anyway.

Soldato
From memory, you contact them and they arrange a DPD pickup of the item. Samsung should have sent you a returns label with the original product as well.

The only way to do it online is via the chat option and arrange it via the operator in chat (otherwise it's phone and arrange a collection via DPD), there is no 'Return' button. That's how I did it, very prompt and easy to organise, they offered me a £50 voucher to use in their store to keep it.

As @Squink states, there are return labels in the package they sent to you, if they've been misplaced they can email you replacement to print and attach to the parcel.

Samsung are appalling for stuff like this. I wanted to cancel an order that was preparing dispatch and there was no cancel button either. I spoke to their “customer service” who “raised a ticket” but the item was sent four days later anyway.

Thanks guys. Yes I'd been searching ages for the 'return' button and thought there must be a problem somewhere with how my order is being 'stored' online. That's why I messaged because I was under the impression there would have been one.

Yes have heard Samsung are lacking in this area.

Associate
Right so I have an issue.

New phone has been despatched and is coming on monday, great.

Old phone has developed a small screen defect, 3 tiny little black spots towards right edge of screen, and was due to be repaired under warranty. I have been contacted by WeFix, who samsung use as their authorised repair team, to tell me that there is a part shortage and the repair won't go ahead. Now when I say these 3 dots are tiny I mean tiny, you have to look for them. Thing is I KNOW that Samsung will see them when they evaluate the device on it's return and I had rated the phone as 0 problems. Now the device is in grade A condition, never been dropped, no marks etc and the problem is 100% a manufacturer defect so I am wondering where I will stand in regards to the upgrade.

Surely I am within my right to say this is a Samsung issue which would and should have been repaired but for your own shortages?

Caporegime
The hardware behind it is flagship cept for the camera. Battery could be better but I find Samsung phones stabilise over time whilst it learns.

Battery life and camera seem to be 2 of the main selling points these days, whilst you're getting a snazzy screen the camera and battery are a bit lacking. Not sure why the camera of the s21 couldn't have been used in it. Bit odd when you think about it, these are still called phones but the phone function is probably the least used feature for a lot of people.

Associate
Samsung are really slow this year to close out exchange program/Samsung Upgrade Klana contracts. Last year they received the unit and within a week Klana confirmed remaining contact paid off by Samsung. Just pending return. They do freeze the direct debit for one month though but cancelled it anyway.

Associate
Samsung are really slow this year to close out exchange program/Samsung Upgrade Klana contracts. Last year they received the unit and within a week Klana confirmed remaining contact paid off by Samsung. Just pending return. They do freeze the direct debit for one month though but cancelled it anyway.

I am returning my N20U tomorrow, nothing has been frozen for me yet, when do they generally do it?

Associate
Once they receive the unit Samsung informs Klana, who then switch the account to "pending return" and freeze DD, although I cancelled mine anyway. Then Samsung inform Klana again the account/loan can be closed. Seems a lot of people are in the same boat in the UK, that final step.

Associate
Fingee nails, yep so mine grow super fast but always abit tardy with cutting them. Noticed I'm causing dents in the screen as I go to close it, as they're all in the area where your right thumb with be. Got to teach myself to stop using screen itself as leverage for closing hinge. Force of habit really as I've always taken care of my phones to the point of being in mint condition come 1 year.

Associate
OP
Anyone using theirs without a case? I have the official leather one, but I would like to just use the phone without it. It looks so much nicer and feels really nice in the hands although I am worried about dropping the bloody thing!!

Associate
Is there a way to contact somebody competent at Samsung?

I returned my N20U last week, all received all good and completed, great. Now I have had another email saying they are sending out my return pack under a totally different reference number... I am worried now this whole thing will go **** up.

Associate
I'm still awaiting my order to be delivered from EE that I made on 03/09. I'm guessing that stock is an issue, not sure if it's affecting other carriers also.

Slightly frustrating after DPD returned my original pre order to EE instead of delivering it to me!

Back
Top Bottom