*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

Associate
I would be interested to hear your opinions once you've installed One UI 4.0. Whilst I have the Fold2, I would assume the software is similar between the Fold 2 & 3 and I've been having some major issues since updating to One UI 4.0.

1. When posting on OcUK, the default Samsung keyboard keeps inserting new lines when typing into the input box. I think this may be down to the inclusion of Grammerly in the keyboard?
  2. The do not disturb setting doesn't seem to work as it did before. I have DND scheduled for 10pm to 7am and prior to the update, DND would turn itself off come 7am as expected. Now, it doesn't turn off unless I turn it off myself.

I can answer your second question as I use DND on the fold 3. It works fine. Switches on and off by itself.

first question I can't answer as I only browse forums on a normal PC.

Associate
Finally used the Google credit £75 from Samsung toward £79.99 Google Cloud. Next time I'd rather get some hardware, we'll see what's on offer come Aug when due upgrade.

Ps, it's much better without the inner screen protector. Screen feels more solid whilst protector had this soft, thick, gel like feel, seeming to take on marks the screen layer doesn't. Obviously im careful, understanding the limitations of it but it's such a pain installing new protectors on regular phones, he'll no I'm not trying on this.

Soldato
It's a shame we don't have more foldable phones in the UK, I can't recall which phones are sold where but I believe there's some foldable phones that aren't as tall as Samsung's but aren't sold here. Although saying that I'm pretty tied in to Samsung with the GW4.

Whilst there's supposedly a Pixel Watch being announced soon (Google I/O maybe), I find Samsung's fitness platform much better. Hopefully Google start doing better in this area after their FitBit acquisition.

Associate
Let us know how you get on, and how hard was it to fit.

Went on relatively easy, comes with a plastic housing you use. Looks and feels good after the install though I do have a spec of dust under mine but I won't be removing it for that.

Anybody going for the Fold 4? Initial talk points towards it been minor in terms of change so I reckon I will be sticking with the 3.

Soldato
I'm looking forward to seeing what the Flip 4 offers (is there a separate thread for the Flip?) It might be time to give a foldable a try and the Flip looks the best option for me. If they offer a decent trade-in system again, I could be tempted.

Associate
Same, sticking with Fold 3, I see zero reason to upgrade. The absolute **** show for 2021 upgrade program, took them what felt like 2 months to actually confirm complete, soo long infact they unfroze the direct debit for the original phone. I cant be bothered with that again.

Until they resolve the inner screen techology issues I'm not sure when I'll move on. Right now I'm more than happy with Fold 3 and beyond.

Seems like they're stuck in a holding pattern for now, which reminds me of the Note/Galaxy series.

Back
Top Bottom