*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

Associate
It's clear they're stalling for time, testing other bendable technologies I assume. I'd call this a Fold 3 "plus" (aka OnePlus mid year refresh) than 4.

I'd highly recommend a Fold to anyone still using a Note, the larger screen is fantastic.

Soldato
Sticking with my Fold 3 too. Tle lack of improvements is disappointing.
I don't have previous fold experience but from all in data and info I know there are many change albeit not massive ones. I think at this stage it's about perfecting the technology. The biggest change IMO is the the whole new fold mechanism and thinned hinge, allowing for the slightly wider front screen. Add to the the new cameras. Also the device being lighter than previous devices.

Associate
I don't have previous fold experience but from all in data and info I know there are many change albeit not massive ones. I think at this stage it's about perfecting the technology. The biggest change IMO is the the whole new fold mechanism and thinned hinge, allowing for the slightly wider front screen. Add to the the new cameras. Also the device being lighter than previous devices.
Still, in my opinion not big enough improvements to warrant upgrading.

Soldato
Well I got the fold 4!! I just love these phones and want the better camera!!

Come on, let's face it. You would have went for the upgrade regardless of the changes.

I'm on the fence at the moment, the preorder deals are extremely poor. A case, charger and pen... I expect these things to come with a £1600 phone. My only reason/problem for change is I like new shiny things, as the improvements from the previous version are minimal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Come on, let's face it. You would have went for the upgrade regardless of the changes.

I'm on the fence at the moment, the preorder deals are extremely poor. A case, charger and pen... I expect these things to come with a £1600 phone. My only reason/problem for change is I like new shiny things, as the improvements from the previous version are minimal.
yeah Samsung missed a beat. Peeps that have the fold 3 , it doesnt really give enough of
an incentive to 'upgrade'. I was looking forward to it but now I've seen it, it's not worth it over my 3 . Shame really.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I went and did it and preordered the Fold 4.

I had a quick play with it in-store today and I do miss my old Fold 2. Noticed straight away how much smoother Twitter was compared to my Exynos S22U, performance has been a step back since I upgraded to the S22U from Fold 2.

Ordered from Samsung EPP (Employee store) and used a very old phone as trade-in and it came to £1151. Hoping to get around £700 for my S22U and the cost of change will be less than £400.

Cost Breakdown:
£1151 - Fold 4 (with broken phone trade-in) Samsung EPP Store
£48 - Topcashback
£11 - Chase cashback
5% Samsung pay?

Total: £1092

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I went and did it and preordered the Fold 4.

I had a quick play with it in-store today and I do miss my old Fold 2. Noticed straight away how much smoother Twitter was compared to my Exynos S22U, performance has been a step back since I upgraded to the S22U from Fold 2.

Ordered from Samsung EPP (Employee store) and used a very old phone as trade-in and it came to £1151. Hoping to get around £700 for my S22U and the cost of change will be less than £400.

Cost Breakdown:
£1151 - Fold 4 (with broken phone trade-in) Samsung EPP Store
£48 - Topcashback
£11 - Chase cashback
5% Samsung pay?

Total: £1092
Wow, you traded in a very old broken phone and you got about £400 off it, Crikey! Yeah I wouldn't go back to
a non-fold now, understand why you missed your fold 2!

Associate
Just looking and the fold 4 would come in around 4 quid per month cheaper than my 3 so I may end up getting the burgundy... Apprehensive about using the upgrade thing again, was a complete farce last year.

Soldato
Samsung must be desperate to get people to pre-order or maybe they realised they were a bit stingy the first time around. They are now including £100 Google Play and £100 Samsung store vouchers for pre-orders

Associate
Just got to work and realised my S-Pen is missing from the holder. Gutted. Retraced my steps around work and can't find it. Will have to wait until I get home to see if it fell out at home. Gonna be wondering where it is the whole day now lol

It's one of the improvements I wanted for future Fold phones. S Pen storatge in the phone like the Ultra and Note phones.

Argh

Soldato
Google Play voucher is here

I don't think there's been any proper communication about the £100 Samsung voucher. But some people who received the phones early have reported they got the voucher, also if you search on google for Samsung this comes up

P1rC06Y.png
Confirmed my fold 4 just turned up and there is a £100 voucher in the box for Samsung.com

Associate
I've gone for the Fold4 on EE as an upgrade with a nice discount. No idea when it'll be dispatched though!
I did initially try to buy on samsung.com using 10% code and trade in and Samsung Finance but their application fails saying that it can't verify my details, despite me having previously applied for and had accepted on an S22U (went back due to faulty GPS)

Back
Top Bottom