Samsung HD154UI 1.5TB clicking issue

Associate
Hello,

I have six samsung HD154UI 1.5TB disks, and all of the clicks a certain number of times when the system is booting up, also often when windows is running. Now all of them makes the noise but there is no problems with the drives otherwise. So, I tried one of them in another PC and the same noise. Did anyone else experienced the same issue? Please advise.

I am currently thinking of replacing all samsung HD154UI with WD WD15EADS.

Associate
Mines do it also but I have 2 WD and they seem to click more often than the samsungs. I've got 2 of each, and I do prefer the samsungs.

Associate
Hello,

I have six samsung HD154UI 1.5TB disks, and all of the clicks a certain number of times when the system is booting up, also often when windows is running. Now all of them makes the noise but there is no problems with the drives otherwise. So, I tried one of them in another PC and the same noise. Did anyone else experienced the same issue? Please advise.

I am currently thinking of replacing all samsung HD154UI with WD WD15EADS.

How long have you had them for? Download Hard Disk Sentinel here and look at your drives' health. A good drive with 100% health, no matter how old is fine and will last you a while.
I'd still say ditch the Samsung's and get WD's. :)

Associate
OP
Checked my drives, all showing 100% health, they are less than six months old, just got six WD drives, and they seems to be slower than samsung....

Associate
OP
Finished building a RAID 1 with two WD 1.5TB Green, and they are much slower than two Samsung HD154UI. Even playing a 720P HD gives graphics glitches in every couple minutes. Copied the file to a single wd or samsung drive, and everything is perfect, so it looks like WD is no good for RAID, atleast not better than samsung.

Also WD15EADS temp. is higher than HD154UI after abt ten minutes of continuous data transfer. Samsung looks like a better choice for me.

Back
Top Bottom