Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar

Soldato
I know you are all a teeny bit elitist in here :)D) but thought I would see if anyone is interested in the new Samsung HW-N950 7.1.4 Atmos/DTS:X soundbar coming out shortly. I am downgrading from a B&W 600 series home theatre and have been watching the news on this product like a hawk.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/audio-video/soundbar-n950/

It has 7.1.4 physical drivers, no pseudo happening here. It supports every format thrown at it so far (Dolby Vision, DTS:X were the big ones since thee K950 fiasco). Yes, it's very pricey and most of you will say "I'm not spending that when I can get decent separates for half that" but for someone like myself who has a very adamant other half that my monstrous 684's and cabling etc are NOT going in her new house, it has a place.

I for one am very excited and look forward to demoing this bar.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/samsung-hw-n950-soundbar

Soldato
OP
Indeed and it appears to do every format you can throw at it so I am very glad I waited it out now. Was announced so long ago but there was little to no information about it until the last week or so. Managed to grab it from Richer Sounds with a 10% off code and Samsung are doing £100 cash back on it too so was too good to pass up!

Associate
Review posted above is promising, they've basically fixed all the issues with the Samsung K950.
Where did you get the RS code from?

Soldato
I know you are all a teeny bit elitist in here :)D) but thought I would see if anyone is interested in the new Samsung HW-N950 7.1.4 Atmos/DTS:X soundbar coming out shortly. I am downgrading from a B&W 600 series home theatre and have been watching the news on this product like a hawk.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/audio-video/soundbar-n950/

It has 7.1.4 physical drivers, no pseudo happening here. It supports every format thrown at it so far (Dolby Vision, DTS:X were the big ones since thee K950 fiasco). Yes, it's very pricey and most of you will say "I'm not spending that when I can get decent separates for half that" but for someone like myself who has a very adamant other half that my monstrous 684's and cabling etc are NOT going in her new house, it has a place.

I for one am very excited and look forward to demoing this bar.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/samsung-hw-n950-soundbar

Seems like the perfect soundbar. Shame I couldn't hold out longer as I knew this was coming some time soon, bought the Sony HT-ST5000 a few months ago at £1150 (so £350 less) which I find to also be brilliant and also supports every format thrown at it, but without rear surround and upward firing speakers. No dolby vision and DTS-X were big no, nos for me with the K950.

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about the elitist attitude towards your own setup, each of us has different needs, I am pairing this with the 65 LG C8 for the nice clean look, on par with many full setups, going to box away my floorstanders for this beauty, what stands for the rears anyone.

Soldato
OP
Will this get stocked by curry’s etc? I see richersounds needs to be ordered in and can’t buy online :)
It was available online last Friday when I ordered mine, no idea why it's now in-store only.

I assume when stock levels are plentiful it will be in all the large retailers .

Associate
Yes I guess I will have to wait,

Like I said I have a Sonos Playbar and Sonos sub and I was minutes away from ordering two Sonos ones and trying 5.1 4K with my plex setup got about it 200 4K movies now :) but I am tempted to try and sell the bar and sub and fund this.

My only issue is...

It’s all in my bedroom, double bed with a Samsung ks 8000 49inch at the end with the playbar and sub... but where I put the rear speakers is an issue as my bed is against the wall
And if a speaker was on either side of me would that be an issue?

Soldato
OP
Yes I guess I will have to wait,

Like I said I have a Sonos Playbar and Sonos sub and I was minutes away from ordering two Sonos ones and trying 5.1 4K with my plex setup got about it 200 4K movies now :) but I am tempted to try and sell the bar and sub and fund this.

My only issue is...

It’s all in my bedroom, double bed with a Samsung ks 8000 49inch at the end with the playbar and sub... but where I put the rear speakers is an issue as my bed is against the wall
And if a speaker was on either side of me would that be an issue?
No idea really, I doubt it would be too much of an issue, just aim the speakers at your listening position. You were about to do it with the Sonos Ones so wouldn't be any different really!

Associate
No idea really, I doubt it would be too much of an issue, just aim the speakers at your listening position. You were about to do it with the Sonos Ones so wouldn't be any different really!

This is true,

I am talking maybe 40cm either side of me mind for surrounds haha eek

Associate
I’ve ordered one, just need to sell my SONOS Playbar and sub woofer now not had them long.

I used digital Currys/ pcworld vouchers as get 8% off saved me another £120

Soldato
OP
I went to collect mine today from RS. Got a call Tuesday saying it was waiting for me but didn't get a chance to go until today. Only, they don't have it. They 'shipped it out in error'. I can't even...

Associate
I went to collect mine today from RS. Got a call Tuesday saying it was waiting for me but didn't get a chance to go until today. Only, they don't have it. They 'shipped it out in error'. I can't even...

Can guarantee someone came in asking for one and they sold them it thinking they could order you another if you’d already paid .. not ideal!

Soldato
OP
Can guarantee someone came in asking for one and they sold them it thinking they could order you another if you’d already paid .. not ideal!
I had already paid so they effectively gave away something that didn't belong to them :(

My one big problem with this is the lack of inputs (only 2), between Sky, Chromecast and Xbox that's too many.
Just use ARC for the input that doesn't do high res audio, in this case Chromecast.

Soldato
OP
@ubern00b did Richersounds order you a replacement soundbar? If so how are you finding it?
They did but I have yet to set it up as a) I am moving house and busy packing, not unpacking lol and b) work has me running rabid. Looks like I will only get to play with it after October 13th when I move house. :(

Back
Top Bottom