Samsung KS7000 55inch just been delivered...

Caporegime
Installed it for my Mum and Dad and....

FxtfWc0l.jpg

uYcwjBOl.jpg

The back panel has come away from the front. No damage to the box so doesn't look like its been dropped.

And Am I meant to be going wow with IQ?

Cause quite frankly compared to my 50" Panasonic Plasma its crap...:mad:

Any links to any decent calibration settings?

So Far I'm not convinced...

Soldato
you decided not to immediately send the photos to the supplier and initiate a return ?
.... albeit stuck with the old one for Christmas

Soldato
I would not be impressed by that fault, especially if it left the factory like that. Samsungs quality control would have to do better than that if they wanted my money.

Did you buy the telly from a high street shop? if so I would've checked the display model for something like that if I was aware of the problem, not that I would anyway it would've put me off.

Caporegime
Don't they tape the backs on? It's a common complaint that it comes away.

Can't really comment on picture quality but it's pretty much the same panel as a KS8000 and that looked very good in John Lewis.

Caporegime
OP
you decided not to immediately send the photos to the supplier and initiate a return ?
.... albeit stuck with the old one for Christmas

Thats the first thing I did.

And being not a naive noob I expected no reschedule before christmas so installed it.

I'm not even certain I want a replacement TBH.

Caporegime
OP
I would not be impressed by that fault, especially if it left the factory like that. Samsungs quality control would have to do better than that if they wanted my money.

Did you buy the telly from a high street shop? if so I would've checked the display model for something like that if I was aware of the problem, not that I would anyway it would've put me off.

Bought it fro Currys online

So came straight from distributor.

Caporegime
OP
I have certainly had my Plasma upgrade itch scratched...I won't be buying an LED under any circumstances now...OLED for me.

But for now MY 50" Panasonic blows chunks over this guff....

Mum and dad are coming from a 5 year old 42 inch Samsung.

TBH that TV is not far from this KS7000

Soldato
Yeah I seen this fault on the Samsungs, seems a bit of a weird problem to have but there you go.

Have you calibrated the TV at all? most of them look just terrible out of the box regardless!

Soldato
You must have a bad one and I would get it replaced. I had an OLED albeit 1080p and I think the 7000 has a better all round pic.

The back panel issue is a common fault. Samsung have apparently fixed it on newer builds so yours could be an older build. You could take it to your local Currys and have it swapped if it's less inconvenient...

Soldato
Return it. I have the 49 inch model and have had no problems with the back coming away, though I am aware its a big issue.

I've been largely impressed with the image on mine, after changing the settings around. Played Intersteller blu ray last night and was blown away by the full screen IMAX scenes.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
service screens do show number of panel on hours so they know how much you have used it (well maybe the Curry's techies know it ;) )

but yes takes your time and petrol to take it back - compensation culture

maybe the newer builds have a specific serial number that you need to demand.

edit : the fix or get some 3m vhb tape

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Return it. I have the 49 inch model and have had no problems with the back coming away, though I am aware its a big issue.

I've been largely impressed with the image on mine, after changing the settings around. Played Intersteller blu ray last night and was blown away by the full screen IMAX scenes.

Really?

Caporegime
OP
I unplugged it for 30 mins...Then plugged it in to calibrate it and got this message

The one connect message screen. Saying that the cable is disconnected when its not...

so....

Its all packed up ready to go back tomo...:mad:

What an horrendous day...I've had to put the old Samsung back...TBH its not Bad compared to something which is suppose to be "cutting edge" :o

I'm seriously thinking not getting another TBH...

The back plastic is so flimsy and crap for mounting it on a Vesa 400 mount.

Build quality is crap compkared to my Panny GT 50

Back
Top Bottom