Samsung KS7000 55inch just been delivered...

Associate
Sorry , just to be clear if you take the 50 mm route you will absolutely need washers.
I went that route to save any more trips / time ( was sick of it being on the floor )

Hi, i am looking to order the KS7000 over the next few days from JL online (£839 Price Match)
Really wanted 3D in the mix but only 3 models to choose from on JL site and 2 are OOS and they have told me no further stock will be ordered in so i guess it is time to say goodbye to 3D.
I have the Sonorous Troy 3214 stand so will be using the supplied bracket on that as Samsung TV feet too wide for my stand.
I understand i need to order M8 x 45 mm bolts as the ones supplied with TV are not correct? If so can someone kindly tell me how many M8 x 45 mm bolts and washers i need?
This would save me a lot of time and means i can get it all up and going quickly as long as the back stays on :)
Waiting for any flash deals over Easter before i pull the trigger on the JL website for the KS7000. Taking a chance i know as it could easily go out of stock again.
One of the reasons i want to stay with Samsung is i use the Now TV and Talktalk movie app on a regular basis and these are missing from other makes like Panasonic.Plus i have the Samsung HW-J551 Wireless SoundBar.

Last edited:
Soldato
I too have this TV priced matched by JL for £839, no problems wit hthem doing that. But I am edging more towards keeping my 50" Panasonic GT50 than making this change. Good price it seems.

Soldato
Hi, i am looking to order the KS7000 over the next few days from JL online (£839 Price Match)
Really wanted 3D in the mix but only 3 models to choose from on JL site and 2 are OOS and they have told me no further stock will be ordered in so i guess it is time to say goodbye to 3D.
I have the Sonorous Troy 3214 stand so will be using the supplied bracket on that as Samsung TV feet too wide for my stand.
I understand i need to order M8 x 45 mm bolts as the ones supplied with TV are not correct? If so can someone kindly tell me how many M8 x 45 mm bolts and washers i need?
This would save me a lot of time and means i can get it all up and going quickly as long as the back stays on :)
Waiting for any flash deals over Easter before i pull the trigger on the JL website for the KS7000. Taking a chance i know as it could easily go out of stock again.
One of the reasons i want to stay with Samsung is i use the Now TV and Talktalk movie app on a regular basis and these are missing from other makes like Panasonic.Plus i have the Samsung HW-J551 Wireless SoundBar.

If its like all past TV's I would presume 4 bolts, hope so as I just got a bag of M8x45 for my ks7000 49" which has 5 M8 bolts in it. Someone told me a washer under each head should do it.

Soldato
You're not missing out on much if anything keeping your GT 50

I was only slightly surprised to find how little benefit the k7000 would offer us over the 2012 GT50 Plasma we have, considering our viewing habits.
We have seen the rise and virtual demise of the banana shaped TV's, and 3D so I guess that we shall see a few more come and go before our venerable, but functional, GT50 needs to be replaced.
Goodness knows when 4k / HDR would ever be an established broadcasted std but if and when that happens chances are the k7000 might not be compatible anyway.

Associate
TV's come and go all the time. Prices rise and then Drop. Had my H6400 over a year and still very happy with it have both 48 and 40". Im sticking with these for at least another 2 years until we see where we stand with 4k exc but my next tv will be OLED or QLED. It seems as the years go by TV'S ain't doing much of an upgrade as the previous year TV. Already seen that the new LG OLED for 2017 ain't much of an upgrade to the 2016 from a friend that works at Richer Sound Hull. When talking to him yesterday about the new range exc he said Sony and panasonic are the TV'S to go for in the 2017 range

Soldato
Connected my 49" KS7000 up today, very happy so far. Only played a bit of Netflix 4K/HDR content and I can see the extra detail in things such as distant mountain ranges on Marco Polo.

By the way does anyone know if lowering the backlight to say 18 for 4K/HDR is ok, found some settings that has backlight at 18, 20 is the default but just wondered if its ok to change this slightly?

Thanks

Soldato
Got my 55 inch today, very impressed with 4k netflix!

It did have a dead pixel when I first started it in the very top left corner but it has since disappeared.

Should the back light be high for HDR content?

Im impressed with the small/smart remote, although it could do with backlit buttons. The other remote is horrible to use.

A great step up from my 42" 2014 sony

um4fqcHh.jpg

k9UCoW9.jpg

Thanks to psycho Sonny for previously recommending the wall mount. Quite impressed (but scared the tv will come down all the same! Despite them being concrete walls.)

Last edited:
Associate
Got my 55" ks7000 in the box still. Looking for a stand that's big enough. May just have to wall mount it.

Really want to start gaming on it with my ps4 pro but if its anything like when I went on my friends it really takes some getting used to when you've been using a 32" for years. My aim was well off.

Man of Honour
**N00b question alert**
I picked up a 49" one on Saturday to replace my 2yr old UEJ6450 which I was never really happy with and just wondered if I have to enable the HDR+ viewing mode every time I play some HDR content?

Soldato
**N00b question alert**
I picked up a 49" one on Saturday to replace my 2yr old UEJ6450 which I was never really happy with and just wondered if I have to enable the HDR+ viewing mode every time I play some HDR content?

If you enable it, it'll stay on. I don't use it though, too dark for my liking.

Soldato
**N00b question alert**

Nope, I would leave that off, I believe that is something most recommend to leave off as its just some extra false processing stuff that is not needed.

Soldato
I streamed some 4k sample stuff from youtube yesterday, it looked amazing on the KS7000, almost like you could walk into the image.

I also watched a few things on Netflix in 4k/HDR and although good, the youtube stuff was just amazing. Do they do something to the image on that 4k sample content to get it looking so good?

Back
Top Bottom