Samsung Monitor swap-out

Associate
I bought a 21inch Samsung monitor just over a year ago which came with a 3yr onsite warranty. I called this monitor in because it just refused to switch on the one day. That was a month ago now and after 4-5 expensive phone calls they are still saying that they have no replacements in the UK. Last week i wrote a letter to Samsung saying that i was not satisfied with the situation but have'nt received a reply yet.

Do Samsung swap-outs usually take this length of time?

I work at a secondary school and faulty monitors are replaced within a couple of days and we have all diff makes and models.

Associate
OP
Things just seem to get worse everytime i ring their customer services. They have no idea of what is happening or when ill be getting another monitor. Out of the 5 times i've been promised i'll get a courtesy call i've only received one. Today since 9am i have been waiting for someone from the senior management team to call me back as the person at the call centre did'nt have any idea of the situation. Their online tracking systems seems to be a load of cobblers too.

Associate
If you have a contract to swap out then they would now appear to be "reasonably" in breach of that contract.
Contact your local Trading standards
Book some court time in the Small Claims Court
It would be agood idea to inform the company of your intentions.

If you paid by Credit Card then you have yet another rod to beat 'em with

Last edited:
Associate
OP
marmalade said:
If you have a contract to swap out then they would now appear to be "reasonably" in breach of that contract.
Contact your local Trading standards
Book some court time in the Small Claims Court
It would be agood idea to inform the company of your intentions.

It's under a 3-year onsite warranty and the first time i called they said it would take 4 business days to have swapped-out with a refurb one. That was the 5th of December. I'm going to wait a couple of days and see if they reply to my letter or i get a call back from the senior management team.

Permabanned
carlosvr6 said:
It's under a 3-year onsite warranty and the first time i called they said it would take 4 business days to have swapped-out with a refurb one. That was the 5th of December. I'm going to wait a couple of days and see if they reply to my letter or i get a call back from the senior management team.

I AM IN THE EXACT SAME POSITION AS YOU!!

Hi mate,

Yeah tell me about it. I phoned and logged my call around the same time as you and still nothing. Everytime I phone they complain that they cant really do anything as gets handled by a third party (forget the name now) and that they cant give ANY details on an ETA for swap out as have no access to stock levels. They just know there "is no stock". I have also called atleast 5 times probably nearer ten, and have been chasing and chasing. The trick to getting your online repair info to come up is enter a particular date of when requested. Its a really rubbish flakey system. Just ring them and keep hassling.
I am using my secret weapon against them this week, a quote from a samsung employee I spoke to:

"well sir in the highly unlikely event that this does happen to take longer than 28 working days, we can look at discussing other alternatives with you"

By this Im thinking, yes please I will have a brand new Samsung 960bf or something to the value of my old monitor atleast. The service is shocking. Cracking monitors though. Mine is a few years old now and been abused but would like them to follow their promises of 3 yr swap out. Initially they said to me that it would be like 1-3 days as well.

Might phone them now (again).

Permabanned
carlosvr6 said:
Finally today, got a Samsung SM913N 19" TFT screen as a replacement for my crt.

I got offered the same thing the other day but turned it down. Been mucked about left right and centre by Samsung as their third paty people for dealing with swap out repairs etc, are called Teleplan. A few companies use them in fact. A lady from there phoned and offered me one of these as well. The reason is because they have a lot of that particular monitor going spare and isn't in very high demand as the other Samsung ones. Its also the cheapest one in their range, which I found slightly unsatisfactory, given that I spent £300+ on my 21" CRT and they were offering me a bottom of the range 19" TFT. I said go back and get me something better (new 960BF anyone? ;) ) and then they came back saying couldnt and then they might be able to and then they couldnt. Then they cam eback and said that they would like to give me a credit note to go back to the store and get somethign else to the value of what I bought it for in the first place. I said I didnt want to do this as didnt want further hassle of dealing with a horrid competitor to OCUK that are even worse to deal with plus they wouldnt have any stock Id like so i wanted a better swap out.
I have spoken to about 10 different people and one lady was really nice and tried to go out of her way for me. I ended up saying right Ill just take the 19" TFT as above bottom of the range, and now they are saying they cant do that as they are not sure who I spoke to that said I could!!!
So....it goes on, and one lady is trying to get me something better sorted out closer to 21". I can only see one Samsung 20" TFT and it does 1600x1200 res and is pretty expensive. Wonder if they get me that. Unlikely.

Associate
OP
Well i initially only paid £140inc p&p for my crt brand new and i was thinking of getting a tft screen anyway as my doctor advised this (migraines, occasional fits) so i just took the offer as i really could'nt be bothered to chase them up day in day out. I really could'nt sell my crt for a reasonable price to buy a tft so maybe it worked out as a better option for me.

Hope things work out for you. Keep me updated about your progress.

P.S. your e-mail account is blocking my messages

Back
Top Bottom