Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo - firmware

Associate
Question for owners - which firmware are you on and why?
I updated to 1007.3 when it came out but decided not to update to 1008.0 because I read a technical review which suggested that Samsung had made a change to one aspect of HDR but to the deficiency of others. I admit that I didn't and don't really understand this subject (so far I only played one game that activated HDR - all the rest have not). But now I see that 1011.0 is available.
I now have a reason to update - I think have found a firmware bug: For only the second time the display has gone dim and the brightness control seems to have little impact. This was fixed by "rebooting" the display (it normally just sleeps). I am wishing for the Xth time that Samsung provide release notes for their firmware but they do not, so I'm hoping that others might be able to share their experiences?

Associate
OP
I decided to update the FW to 1011.0 but I hit what seems to be a known problem that progress reaches 16% and then it fails. I tried all the different options - different memory sticks, formatting with Rufus, MBR partition but all failed. I then decided to update to 1008.0 which worked, but when I tried 1011.0 again with the same memory stick it failed. Then I found a forum post for the previous model that recommended using a SanDisk Cruzer Glide 16GB USB 2.0 stick, so I bought one. I was fully expecting it to fail again at 16% but it worked! I have no idea what the new firmware will do for the monitor but I feel a sense of triumph for actually getting the damn thing to update at all!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Shocked with the lack of support for the range, I mean before I bought one (G7) the reviews gave the unit a decent rating and I picked one up after using a discount code. When I see a firmware version it doesnt seem to explain what it did or bugs it fixes (doesnt even list known issues etc.).

Seems lots of unhappy people that bought the monitors, but equally for example on reddit ones that report having no issues.

I did purchase a new DP cable from a reputable brand with all the vesa specs needed, I have not had any glitches lately (touch wood) but the world of HDR and Windows with the nvdia drivers are also interesting to say the least.

Associate
Shocked with the lack of support for the range, I mean before I bought one (G7) the reviews gave the unit a decent rating and I picked one up after using a discount code. When I see a firmware version it doesnt seem to explain what it did or bugs it fixes (doesnt even list known issues etc.).

Seems lots of unhappy people that bought the monitors, but equally for example on reddit ones that report having no issues.

I did purchase a new DP cable from a reputable brand with all the vesa specs needed, I have not had any glitches lately (touch wood) but the world of HDR and Windows with the nvdia drivers are also interesting to say the least.
same with Dell's QD OLED

Back
Top Bottom