Samsung Pebble SM2232BW

Associate
I've been wavering between this monitor and two others - as soon as I decide upon one, I see something that makes me reconsider!

Which one of these three would you say is the best choice for a gamer?

LG L226WTQ 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black/Silver

Samsung SM-2232BW Pebble 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Samsung SM-226BW 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Somebody please - put me out of my misery and make up my mind for me!!!!

Permabanned
I bought one yesterday and only thing i can complain about is the bleed when its showing a black background that my old 17" Hyundai didn't suffer from.
Other than that its a great monitor for the price!

Is it even backlight bleed, or spots? Greyish blacks aren't distracting, however uneven backlight is.

Does this screen have adjustable backlight?

Soldato
I have one and its fantastic. No ghosting at all as far as i have seen in any movie or high-speed-game. No pixel probs, if you sit in a dark room and your playing a game based in a dark area it is SLIGHTLY lighter at the top, but never noticable otherwise. Honest review from somebody that would buy a second :D

- Pea0n

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Just seen the Pebble locally and looked very good. Only thing I was a bit unsure about was the mounting to the stand - seemed a bit flimsy?
Also no height adjustment (as far as I can see?) so beware if it important. Very good image though and also seemed less glossy than some of the new screens.

You could also look at the HP W2207. I was comparing the two and not sure which to finally go for! HP has the advantage of height adjustment but also has the glossy screen finish which might be an issue for reflections.

Andrew

Permabanned
Anyone measure screen edge top & bottom, since it doesn't have height adjustment? ta

MO-062-SA_400.jpg

gpl

gpl

Associate
keep us informed on how it is performing ,very interested in this monitor .
You say say the glass is not as shiney as the HP model that is a good start, and how is the ghosting or lag on this model.
Ahymore info welcome.
Cheers.

Soldato
I have the HP w2207 and to be honest, dont notice the gloss screen at all.

Sure it is not opposite a window, but I imagine any screen to show a reflection if opposite a window.

The Monitor Arm/Stand provided with it is amazing if height/tilt adjustment is important to you.

The gloss should be seen as a positive as not a negative. Just dont try and use it in your greenhouse and youll be fine.

Im getting a 2nd one and maybe a 3rd.

Associate
Apparently someone on hotukdeals was claiming they got one of these with made in Slovakia on the back, I never checked mine but I might have a look now!

Mine did have significant backlight bleed and to be honest now I'm beginning to wish I'd returned it within the cooling off period in the hopes of getting a better one, but its too late now!

Its been a great monitor though apart from that issue

Associate
Samsung Pebble

I purchased one on Friday from OC, delivered SAT, haven't looked back. Was upgrading from a 1999 era 17" CRT from CTX (the VL700 fact fans) and the difference is incredible. I've noticed a bit of backlight bleed, but nothing I'm going to complain about - as a previous post noted, it's only really noticeable when playing letterboxed films.

Incidentally, it ws good in standard VGA mode, but once I rebooted connected to the DVI cable - my word! The picture is incredible. Love it - absolutely love it...

Associate
Why does made in Slovakia = panel lottery?

Its a fair point I probably jumped the gun a bit, its just that in the case of the 226 the Slovakian (non Samsung) panles were the biggest problem according to many on here, hence my suspicions, that the "Made in Slovakia" panels may not actually be made by Samsung again, hopefully its just ocincidence and Samsung do have a plant there which they are using to produce these

Back
Top Bottom