Samsung QVO for game drive

Soldato
Really want some more game storage what are your thoughts on the QVO series for this namely the 4tb version. I know the TBW is low but once my games are on they will pretty much sit there untouched and just be played.

I've got a samsung 970 500gb nvme for OS a 1tb 860evo for games and a 4tb mech for older games currently. I would like to ditch the mech drive ideally as its one of the noisiest things in my system.

Associate
Been using the 2TB QVO purely as a games drive for a couple of years now, also switched at the time to be completely quiet drives with no spinning HDDs. No complaints but I'd only ever use it for games or storage, was even thinking about getting another 4TB one.

Soldato
OP
Been using the 2TB QVO purely as a games drive for a couple of years now, also switched at the time to be completely quiet drives with no spinning HDDs. No complaints but I'd only ever use it for games or storage, was even thinking about getting another 4TB one.

Yes it wouldn't be used for anything other than games or content I wouldn't miss if things went wrong. I use cloud storage and disc based media if I want a longer term storage solution. Internet it not great where I am so makes sense to keep my games on a drive permanently. I had been doing data transfers from hdd to sdd but getting a bit silly when some games are 100gb plus.

Soldato
While 2TB size has very good competition and TLC drives, 4TB size really doesn't have competition.

As for big storage consumption games without compressed assets, NVMe could actually make further difference there.

Back
Top Bottom