Samsung RU8000 vs LG Nano Cell

Soldato
crikey hadn't realised they/c9 were still that expensive ... was it like this last year for 2018 oled prices, or, will c9 drop as soon as 2018 models exhausted or black friday.

after reading the flatpanels nanocell reviews sm9000/top-end - I wasn't inspired ips/poor-contrast (didn't seem to say how many zones it has either)
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1562915899

should have put in general tv thread but
this article was interesting about ressurgence of Samsung(albeit a translation)
https://www.zdnet.com/article/fear-...e-axe-for-oled-tv-burn-in-and-market-squeeze/
critiqueing LG for all their eggs in one oled/basket, suggesting that samsung qled/uled/qd_oled(may resolve any ageing issues better!)

Associate
OP
How are you getting on with the B8? I think it's probably the best option for me (in terms of value for money), and I'm likely going to see massive improvement over my old ks7000, however I also took a shine to the new q80r.. what made you go with the B8 OLED over a newer QLED?
Still in it's box as I'm moving house so haven't had a chance to get it out yet. I really don't think you'll find a better value for money option than the B8 @ £979. It's honestly ridiculously cheap. What made me go for it was advice here @MrRockliffe :) and @Dodgexander over at avforums. OLED vs QLED you might enjoy this recent thread.

Associate
Still in it's box as I'm moving house so haven't had a chance to get it out yet. I really don't think you'll find a better value for money option than the B8 @ £979. It's honestly ridiculously cheap. What made me go for it was advice here @MrRockliffe :) and @Dodgexander over at avforums. OLED vs QLED you might enjoy this recent thread.

Thanks. RS have also offered me a C8 at £1270. Just need to decide whether its worth the extra dosh!

Associate
OP
Thanks. RS have also offered me a C8 at £1270. Just need to decide whether its worth the extra dosh!

It's not ;) I asked the same: "do you reckon it'd be worth getting the OLED55C8PLA for £1,245 versus the OLED55B8PLA for £999.00?", and the answer was: "No, not at all. Get the cheapest."

Also from this thread:

The C8 has a better SoC (processor), which can handle more complex image processing, such as colours and motion. I couldn't personally tell of any difference; due to the nature of OLED, pixels take a very short amount of time to switch from one colour to another (less visible motion blur). This is great in the sense that you encounter less blur when gaming etc, however it also means that with 24Hz content, such as film, you can notice some judder when panning. I don't notice it enough for it to bother me, but I do see it.

C8 also has a different stand and better speakers.

For me personally, the C8 isn't worth the extra money over the B8; I would much rather spend the difference on a good external audio upgrade, such as a sound bar, or a new subwoofer :)

There's something to be said when you can watch a film in a pitch black room, and it looks as though the content is floating in the air, with no visible bleed or clouding.

Associate
It's not ;) I asked the same: "do you reckon it'd be worth getting the OLED55C8PLA for £1,245 versus the OLED55B8PLA for £999.00?", and the answer was: "No, not at all. Get the cheapest."

Also from this thread:
Picked up the B8 this afternoon.

Set it up and watched a little bit of 4k Blue planet. Jaw dropping.

Thanks for all the help and advice. The £300 saved is going on a new tv table and a few other bits and bobs.

Back
Top Bottom