Samsung S2 no longer charging. Vodafone

Associate
My samsung s2 is no longer charging. Bought a new battery today and won't even turn on with that one.

With original it will sometimes display an empty battery symbol but thats it.

It's on a 2 year contract which started around 8-10 months ago, will vodafone repair it for free?

Going to call them tmrw but wanted to check first.

Thanks

Soldato
I take it you've checked with a different charger?
I'm not impressed with the standard of charger they supply (Galaxy S), as I'm on my third one. Something comes loose inside the USB plug on the charger and it no longer does diddly.

-Leezer-

Associate
With my old phone the micro usb port got so clogged up with pocket fluff that it couldn't be plugged in properly to charge.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Just tried checking and cleaning the usb port and tried charging via another charger and no luck.

I'll give vodafone a call tmrw.

i've put ics on the phone a week ago which probably invalidates any warranty but as it wont even turn on i'm hoping it won't matter.

Soldato
I'd contact Samsung rather than Vodafone I I where you

Even better would be to find out which company does the Samsung warranty repairs/replacements in the UK and just going through them direct

Soldato
i've put ics on the phone a week ago which probably invalidates any warranty but as it wont even turn on i'm hoping it won't matter.

If all else fails and your last resort is to send it away to get it fixed under warranty just play dumb if they ask you about ICS and of course do not mention anything about it.

If they are unable to switch it on they will most likely just replace the handset for you after basic checks. You may get a refurbished one back but I am sure you wouldn't mind as long as you have a working phone.

Gav

Gav

Associate
or you could buy a desktop charger from the bay... they allow you to charge a second battery in the back of them. Just means you would have to change batteries to charge them... no big deal though.....

Item number: 140737587740

Associate
OP
Well it's suddenly come back into life and is now charging fine.

Maybe it was the USB port after all. I'll try not to let the battery go completely flat next time.

Anyway I'll keep an eye on it. Cheers for all the advice guys.

Associate
Samsung handsets have a 2 year warranty. You can book it in through Vodafone, and ask them for a standby handset (a cheap and cheerful Nokia-type one) or you can also book it in via CPW as they handle warranty repairs for most manufacturers but they will ask for proof of purchase to book it in.

Just make sure you backup your data first!

No shop will do a direct replacement instore since it's past the 28 days hassle-free instore exchange period. Reason is that 28 days is long enough for defects to pop up. No device is 100% defect proof. Now you fall under the 2 year warranty and that's what it's there for :) Handsets take approximately 2-4 weeks to come back from repair. Better to book it instore than handle the warranty with Samsung yourself to save on postage and headache. Good luck.

Last edited:
Associate
You should go to Samsung service center to repair it. You can also try to charge from different charger.

Top Bottom