Samsung S23A700D 23" 120Hz 3D Widescreen Gaming Monitor - Black **GET THE VAT BACK?

Associate
Excellent review.
Very cool image quality .and I cant wait to see eye infinitely effects as it only has about 1 cm frame.
Its all glossy so very brilliant design.

I have issues with 3D as well. I'm currently using HDMI cable with my old sony laptop whose GFX card is 5650M. (cant run it as 1080p, 120HZ for some reason i dont know. there's no option from display so 1080p, 60Hz now) The movie or stable image is not 2 bad. However, in some fast occassions, like action movie or games. 3d will get you headache. Probably because of lagging issue.

I will connect to my GTX580 desktop later on. I heared the rumor said the Nvidia card wont suit for this 3D monitor. let me wait and seee

120hz is only possible via the dual link dvi port on your graphic card,as far as i know no hdmi does 120hz. also your graphic card is fine for 3D as long as you use the tridef software & not the nvidia vision software.

to install tridef you first need the install the tridef software that comes on the monitor's CD then install tridef v 5.2 over it,you can get v5.2 from the tridef website. you must install over,don't delete anything because the one on the monitor's CD is licensed software so it will act as the key for the one you download from the tridef website. also don't forget to install the monitor's driver which is also on the CD.

Associate
120hz is only possible via the dual link dvi port on your graphic card,as far as i know no hdmi does 120hz. also your graphic card is fine for 3D as long as you use the tridef software & not the nvidia vision software.

to install tridef you first need the install the tridef software that comes on the monitor's CD then install tridef v 5.2 over it,you can get v5.2 from the tridef website. you must install over,don't delete anything because the one on the monitor's CD is licensed software so it will act as the key for the one you download from the tridef website. also don't forget to install the monitor's driver which is also on the CD.

Thank you so much.pal
Will try it as soon as my PC arrives

Associate
What I was trying to say above is that a single HD 7970 will struggle to produce as high enough frame rate across three screens to give you a good playing experience all the time.

You may have the setup to run three screens at 120Hz but if you're only getting 30FPS it's a bit of a waste of time.

Throw 3D into the mix and I assume it can only get worse.

Just purchased 2 startech dp to dual dvi adapters.
will keep u posted what its like in full 120hz ;)
thank u overclockers ;)

Associate
Just purchased 2 startech dp to dual dvi adapters.
will keep u posted what its like in full 120hz ;)
thank u overclockers ;)

Hi Daz did you try getting 3D in eyefinity without those adapters?
(Using Mini-DP / HDMI / DVI-D)

I get an error msg using Frame Sequential mode but can launch Tridef fine in SBS mode, however it then overlaps and looks wrong across all 3 screens?

I'm just wondering if I definitely need to purchase them adapters for 3D eyefinity

Cheers

Associate
Hi Daz did you try getting 3D in eyefinity without those adapters?
(Using Mini-DP / HDMI / DVI-D)

I get an error msg using Frame Sequential mode but can launch Tridef fine in SBS mode, however it then overlaps and looks wrong across all 3 screens?

I'm just wondering if I definitely need to purchase them adapters for 3D eyefinity

Cheers

Can get eyefinity using dual dvi, hdmi, mini display port to dvi,active adapter.
eyefinity runs flawless. but for 3d could only get it on 2 screens not 3.
so when these 2 adapters come will be able to get 120hz over 3 screens.
at the moment only could get 60hz.

Associate
Can get eyefinity using dual dvi, hdmi, mini display port to dvi,active adapter.
eyefinity runs flawless. but for 3d could only get it on 2 screens not 3.
so when these 2 adapters come will be able to get 120hz over 3 screens.
at the moment only could get 60hz.

That's the same problem I'm having, although even on 2 monitors the 3D wasn't correct with one flickering or not enabling when booting game.

Although I can get SBS mode on Eyefinity it displays incorrect and overlaps.

I contacted Tridef and they said it should work but I think the Dual Link Startechs are needed to get 3D on all screens at once.

Associate
That's the same problem I'm having, although even on 2 monitors the 3D wasn't correct with one flickering or not enabling when booting game.

Although I can get SBS mode on Eyefinity it displays incorrect and overlaps.

I contacted Tridef and they said it should work but I think the Dual Link Startechs are needed to get 3D on all screens at once.

Ill let u know how it goes when they arrive ;)

Associate
Thanks Daz. Mucho appreciated

Big thank u to 5ub and Gibbo just had delivered the 2 startech adapters.
running 3 screens full 120hz on a single 7970. just tried wow using monitor conversion all looks bloody amazing. no fps drop and im more than happy now.
if u use a single dual dvi go buy these adapters, worth every penny.
thank u overclockers another happy customer here. ;)
all 3 screens run full 3d now and not out of focus.

Last edited:
Associate
Big thank u to 5ub and Gibbo just had delivered the 2 startech adapters.
running 3 screens full 120hz on a single 7970. just tried wow using monitor conversion all looks bloody amazing. no fps drop and im more than happy now.
if u use a single dual dvi go buy these adapters, worth every penny.
thank u overclockers another happy customer here. ;)
all 3 screens run full 3d now and not out of focus.

Thanks for the update Daz.

I may take the plunge while I still have the OCs 10% discount code.

I can't see these getting much cheaper, a quick look around the net shows the prices higher than OCs.

Cheers again.

Associate
Thanks for the update Daz.

I may take the plunge while I still have the OCs 10% discount code.

I can't see these getting much cheaper, a quick look around the net shows the prices higher than OCs.

Cheers again.

There very cheap here all competitors charging up to £118 each.
to me thats a no brainer ;) get em while there cheap, from here.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I just like to officially say this:-

Were guaranteeing the Samsung S23A700D to be free of defective pixels within the 14 day period. This means if your S23A700D develops or arrives with just one dead pixel you may return it for a replacement and we will cover cost, this applies to all method of purchases.

So you have the re-assurance now that if your S23A700D arrives or develops a dead pixel with the 14 day period were offering, you can return it no hassle. :)

Associate
Hi there

I just like to officially say this:-

Were guaranteeing the Samsung S23A700D to be free of defective pixels within the 14 day period. This means if your S23A700D develops or arrives with just one dead pixel you may return it for a replacement and we will cover cost, this applies to all method of purchases.

So you have the re-assurance now that if your S23A700D arrives or develops a dead pixel with the 14 day period were offering, you can return it no hassle. :)

Does defective pixels include stuck pixels Gibbo?

Last edited:
Associate
There very cheap here all competitors charging up to £118 each.
to me thats a no brainer ;) get em while there cheap, from here.

Hey Daz (or anyone else with 3 of these) just wondering how you assigned one pair of the 3D specs to all 3 of the monitors?

I still haven't got them leads yet but Tridef support helped me to get 3D on eyefinity by using Frame Interlaced and Above Below mode.
However I cant seem to connect the glasses to all the monitors at once Ive tried everything I can think of but can only yet manage to connect 2 at any one time.

Is this the same problem you was experiencing and did the Startech adapters fix it?

Thanks

Associate
extremely annoying!

Frame sequential is not supported by TriDef 3D on Nvidia based systems.
Nvidia won't open up their API to third parties which is the reason why we cannot support it, unfortunately. To output in frame sequential mode please refer to Nvidia's 3D Vision software.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Best regards
TriDef Support

Back
Top Bottom