Samsung S27B970D and Natural Color Expert

Soldato
Hi there,

I have a Samsung S27B970D and have just bought a i1 Display pro (which is meant to be compatible). The i1 Display pro works fine with the X-rite software fine but I really want to use Samsungs Natural Color Expert to calibrate my screen.

Every time I try to open up Natural Color Expert it keeps giving me a message 'Monitor is not compatible with NCE'

I have the i1 plugged into one of the usb ports on the monitor as it says in the manual and I have installed the latest NCE software 3.0.1.0. and I'm running windows 8.1 pro.

Can someone give me some tips on how to get NCE working (Badass where are you?!)

Starting to get a bit frustrating!

:)

Soldato
OP
Sam 971D, same problem > 'Monitor is not compatible with NCE'

Just installed windows 7 on a separate hd and it works as it should so it's a incompatibility with Windows 8.1.

At least I have managed to calibrate my S27B970D now at hardware level. :cool:

NCE states its compatible with windows 7/8 but it obviously does not like windows 8.1. Will have to wait for Samsung to update their software.

Nice to know I am not the only one having this problem. Still I've got a way around it for now.

;)

Last edited:
Associate
Just installed windows 7 on a separate hd and it works as it should so it's a incompatibility with Windows 8.1.

At least I have managed to calibrate my S27B970D now at hardware level. :cool:

NCE states its compatible with windows 7/8 but it obviously does not like windows 8.1. Will have to wait for Samsung to update their software.

I don't know why you guys are having this problem, but I registered just to say that I calibrated my S27B970D (version SS01) using a i1 Display Pro on a freshly-installed Windows 8.1 Pro yesterday, and didn't have any problems. o_o

I was using Natural Color Expert v3.0.1.0 (downloaded yesterday).

Edit: Oh and yeah, I plugged the calibrator into the monitor -- specifically, into the port nearest to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom