Samsung T240 OR HP LP2475w

Permabanned
Hi there everyone, Im having a bit of a dilema and could use some assistance....

To cut a long story short, I have a wad of cash that I intend to buy a 5870 with, plus a 24" monitor.

But Im completely torn between buying the samsung and saving some pennies, or going all out with the HP.

Saving a bit of money on the Samsung would be a bonus, but I intend to keep the monitor for some time, so is it better just paying for the premium now?

All arguments welcome :)

Associate
Here's what I think:

Your monitor is, in a way, your 'window' into your PC - you do everything through it. All the money, time and effort spent building a PC is all channelled through the monitor. For this reason, I always buy the best monitor I can afford; even if that means stretching my budget, or perhaps holding off a month for that extra pay cheque.

I've just ordered an LP2475w to do the greatest justice to the £1000 system I'm soon to build. Go for it, I say: there's no way you'll regret it.

Soldato
I have the HP LP2475w, the picture is absolutely brilliant, the monitor size is about right for me and it's easy to setup.(has a great stand aswell as easy functional menu screen)

Been playing a fair amount of games of it, get zero ghosting, they all look wonderful especially games like Crysis Warhead and Fallout 3.

I bought the monitor because i wanted one that would last a good while which it would also if i didn't have enough cash i would have gone for the Dell 2209WA for sure since IPS panels are amazing.

Since you using a 5870 i assume you will have a beast of a pc so why not get the HP LP2475w and be done with it?;) (i am using mine with an i7 rig that has a GTX275 so all games are maxed at 1920x1200 so they are lovely to play)

Back
Top Bottom