1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung tablet wireless to Saumsung TV?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by ajf, Feb 21, 2014.

1. ajf

Mobster

What is the best way of connecting a Samsung tablet to a Samsung TV wirelessly ?

Neither have been purchased yet, so the product will be tailored to this specific requirement - it's for work.

They want to be able to stream video and audio, plus also standard mirroring.

Doing a quick Google there seems to be various Samsung technologies but they don't all seem to work with all their devices!

It needs to work by connecting DIRECTLY to the TV, NOT via a wireless router or access point.

Any help appreciated!

2. Em3bbs

Mobster

It should in theory work with any Allcast (Miracast) compatible Samsung TV and tablet.

HOWEVER - I have found Miracast to be appallingly unreliable on my Samsung Blu Ray player that supposedly supports it. It doesn't connect to my tablet or phones most of the time so I'd suggest going to a physical store and trying it out on the models that take your fancy before buying.

3. Cosimo

Man of Honour

4. Em3bbs

Mobster

Yes, it's hideously unreliable.

5. Columbo

Sgarrista

Yep its worse than useless, dont bother.

6. ajf

Mobster

Are the Samsung Link and Screen Mirroring any better than Miracast?
    I had thought of Miracast as the better option given it wasn't proprietry.

Although it would be need an internediate wireless router/access point, would it maybe be beter to look at iPads and an Apple TV for what we need to do?