Samsung Tablets

NE5

NE5

Associate
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...y-tab-a-7-tablet-8-gb-black-10144208-pdt.html

Hello....I want a new tablet, the one I have isn't really very good, it suffers from poor connections, doesn't have bluetooth etc but mainly it is slow and keeps disconnecting and tripping out. It was a present.

So I don't need a soopa doopa one, just something to sit around the house and use the internet but now and again I might use an SD card for music, and bluetooth.

I would go to about £150 quid, to get a decent one, could go higher but just don't want to as I don't think I need to.

So does anybody own this Samsung (same make as my phone a J5 and I'm more than happy with) and can please tell me any possible bad points as well as good points.

Associate
If the basic version of Android it comes with is Lollipop (but might update to a later version out of the box) then that's an old tablet with only 8GB. The 1280 x 800 screen should be adequate without being in any way special. It should be fine for your stated use.

I'd suggest spending a bit more for the 10.1" 32GB later version with the full HD, IPS screen which should update to Oreo out of the box. I have the 16GB version and it's very impressive for the money. Battery life is amazing at 20+ hours although I mainly use it for reading magazines. Screen is very good despite being IPS. Construction of the body is plastic but it feels sturdy.

NE5

NE5

Associate
OP
thanks for that, I didn't realise my current old tablet is 8 inch so wouldn't really want to "downgrade" even though it will be better overall.

Is there any other 8 inch tablets, it doesn't have to be samsung because my phone is a Samsung, just so long as its decent and its not the price of £180 quid is a problem either because it isn't. Although as I use windows 7 at home, and they stop support for it next January, I'm reluctantly going to have to do something about that too and might mean switching from a desktop to a laptop which means I can carry that around the house instead of a new tablet.

My preference is another desktop with windows 10 (unless they extend the windows 7 support period) and a new compact tablet with good connections and speed performance.

I might get that £180 quid Samsung, I'll think about it.

Soldato
I wouldnt touch anything with only 16gb, modern versions of Android can take upto 10gb in space leaving you with very little for app installation. Yes you can probably install an sd card but app installation doesnt work well with them.
The Tab A 10.1" is the one to get honestly for the money nothing else is worth considering, my daughter and wife both have one and never had a single problem. Battery life is superb as well.

Soldato
I've had a note 10.1 for about 5 years now and it never skips a beat. Its mainly used for kids youtube but it's very reliable. The only reason I would upgrade would be for a higher res screen

NE5

NE5

Associate
OP
I got the Samsung Galaxy tab A today. It has loads of room and is like greased lightning. In fact I'm using it now. Many thanks for all the advice.

Soldato
I wouldnt touch anything with only 16gb, modern versions of Android can take upto 10gb in space leaving you with very little for app installation. Yes you can probably install an sd card but app installation doesnt work well with them.
The Tab A 10.1" is the one to get honestly for the money nothing else is worth considering, my daughter and wife both have one and never had a single problem. Battery life is superb as well.
This is spot on. I've got 2x Android tablets, one of them being a trusty Samsung Galaxy Tab S8.4. It is a 16gb bugger with a 128gb SD card and the OS is Lineage (Nougat). It hasn't got that many apps on the appstore as I use it as a photo archive viewer but that 16gb often causes issues lately since app sizes and google services bloat have increased over the years.

Back
Top Bottom