Santander Student Account Query

Associate
Just wondering if anyone has any advice for this?

I took out a Santander Student Account for my 1 year masters course which had an agreed free overdraft of £1500. Once my course ended, I realised I was on a 3 year account. I never really got out of my overdraft until now.

I have no idea when this free overdraft will end (I presume end of Sept, but have received no letters/emails). I want to get rid of it but if I tell them, they'll know I've been in full time employment for almost 2 years.

If I tell them, can they charge me restrospectively or would they just say "thanks for telling us, albeit very late"?

In the terms and conditions it says:

12. Ending your studies

If you decide not to continue with your studies then you must notify us. If you leave your course, you will no longer be eligible for this
current account and any 123 Student Arranged Overdraft Allowance will be withdrawn. The services on your current account will be
changed or your current account will be closed.

When you complete your course you will no longer be eligible for this current account. At this time, these Specific Conditions will cease to apply to your current account and unless we agree with you before the end of your course that you can have a different facility with us, your 123 Student Current Account will automatically be transferred to the 123 Graduate Current Account and the Specific Conditions for the 123 Graduate Current Account will apply. We will give you at least two months’ notice of the date of the change or, if applicable, closure.
You may be eligible for alternative facilities.

If you need any further information, please visit your local branch or call 0800 9 123 123.

Any advice appreciated as I'm quite worried about charges. :(

Soldato
The 123 Graduate Current Account is basically the same as the Student one, with a higher overdraft limit.

I doubt there will be any charges.

Strange that they offered you the Student one in the first place, rather than the Postgraduate account.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom