• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire 6800 xt nitro+ Vs Asus 3080 tuf

Associate
Hello all, I've got the opportunity after waiting 2 months to run either of the above. I've got a
DELL - S3220DGF 1440p.

I want all the bells and whistles but I'm finding it really hard to decide. Will 10gig really cause issues for a 3080 later on in life?

What would you pick?

Cheers
Baker0

Soldato
There is a 138 page thread and no conclusion has been drawn. My opinion is that if you are keeping it for longer than 2 years it isn't enough.

Soldato
Depends how much you like ray tracing. Nvidia RT is way ahead of AMD.

10GB vram may be an issue in the future. I think the argument that you’ll run out of GPU before you run out of vram with these cards has some merit though.

If it were my money I’d get the 3080 but I think both are great cards.

Soldato
Go for the 3080 if you like bells and whistles. It's better for that, no doubt. I say that as someone with an RX 6800, so not biased towards NV personally. If cost isn't the issue then the decision is easy imo.

Back
Top Bottom