• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire 6850 2gb - any reviews, benchs, etc?

Associate
just recently got mine setup, ive posted a benchmark in the heaven dx11 benchy thread, running at 980 core-1270 mem,
just had a wee shot at bf3 didnt touch the settings, some at ultra and some at high at 1080p it ran ok, everything was smooth.
only just built this computer so not much to report really.

Associate
OP
Just done a few tests with gpuz and bf3 and it's definitely maxing out the 1gb vram on my sapphire 5850 extreme (i5 2500k, 16gb ram @ 1080p) though I dont know if it would be enough of an improvement to justify the £70 odd to upgrade.

Hopefully CES will bring us some news when the mid-range 7000 series cards are coming

Associate
I see Overclockers are now stocking a 2gb variant of the 6850 but aside from the listing can find almost nothing on the internet in the way of reviews or benchmarks?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-287-SP&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=

Anybody found anything?

You will be hard pushed to find reviews yet has Sapphire only announced them late Nov and have only just hit the shops. Obviously it's not going to set the world of benchmarks on fire but for an all round budget card it's well worth paying an extra £10 like I did over the 1gb version.

Back
Top Bottom