• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire R9 390 Blackscreening.

Associate
I'm having issues with this system;

Asus z87 Pro
Intel 4670k (stock)
AMD sapphire 390
8 Gb of 2133 gskill
650w seasonic G series (only 1 year old)

My 390 keeps blackscreening (locks up whole computer, requiring a hard reset) in games pretty often, with increasing regularity. It seems to Happen often (but isn't limited to) when the clocks/voltages change, e.g. A loading screen happens, alt tabbing and etc.

The odd thing is if I set the fan to super high (like 70%+ ear deafening levels) it stops it from immediately crashing, and can last a few hours of gaming before crashing. I've checked temps across the PC and all are fine. The GPU core doesn't go above 65c on core and between 50-70 on VRMs (with fan set stupidly high) CPU is fine as well. If I set the fan to automatic it will crash within 1-10 mins of playing.

Ive tried reinstalling drivers, have latest bios, tried upping power limits and voltages and I'm kinda unsure of what else I can do. There is 1 month left on warranty, I'm guessing I should just RMA it?

Really unsure if there is something I'm missing? Could a PSU cause this kind of issue?

Back
Top Bottom