1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAS: Who Dares Wins - C4

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by VincentHanna, Jan 6, 2019.

1. VincentHanna

Capodecina

SAS: Who Dares wins is on channel 4 tonight

Women are on the show for the first time, and they are saying in the adverts that gender will play no role in selection.

Worth a watch IMO

2. Terminal_Boy

Soldato

I have no doubt that there are plenty of women mentally tough enough for SF duties. Mentally tough women who can meet the same physical requirements as men might be harder to find.

Personally, I wouldn’t pass the entrance tests for the Catering Corps.

3. Jokester

Don

Absolutely cracking series last year, will be watching again!

Edit: WTF - 15 minutes to get dressed?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  4. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

20mins into the program and it's already obvious why women can't perform these roles, they dont have the physical strength.

5. Jokester

Don

Any idea where this was filmed?

6. Deluxe1

Soldato

Chile.

7. Pringle W

Capodecina

Except for the Swedish woman who was the first woman in the Swedish special forces :o

8. Jokester

Don

Loved the reveal of that, the stealy stares and then boom, handshakes. Brilliant.

A few of the women look complete physical light weights though.

9. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

I'm sure the Swedish special forces are on par with the SAS.

10. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Great first episode and loved the fact they were all treated as equals, regardless of religion or gender.

11. rotters

Soldato

I know of one of the women, she is a local. I dont know how far she got. Excellent start to the series.

rotters

12. Jonnybmac

Wise Guy

Sorry but some things are just way too PC. Genetically a female cannot do a mans job. A man can be a beast and a women cannot. Yes you get some strong women but compare Olympic sports and you can see a clear difference. The SAS is an elite membership. I envision them sat in the arctic one day then hauling trees in a jungle the next and I cannot see many women being on par amd that isn't sexist.

By all means have a woman do a job they're perfectly capable of, don't look for a female to fill PC critera may the best person fill the role, but in regards to the SAS I don't think its a womans place. Will they get offended if someone has to go pee next to them cause they're female?

13. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Have you watched the show? It was a man who got offended by being near women as he peed.

14. tom_e

Man of Honour

As long as they don't water anything down due to the opening up of the role to females then it doesn't matter, if everyone can pass the same selection then they're all as tough/bat**** mental as each other.

Anyway, really enjoyed the first episode looks like it'll be an interesting series. I've just finished reading Foxy's book the other day which really goes into just how bad his mental problems that he's mentioned in earlier series were.

15. VincentHanna

Capodecina

They certainly weren't watering it down when that smallish lass had to fireman carry that guy who weighed nearly 14 stone.

16. shauncr91

Capodecina

Rooting for Mark #6 to do well in this. He's a relation of my gf's family and met him a couple of times, thoroughly decent bloke who deserves to do well!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  17. Merlin5

Capodecina

Do they really need to repeat the F word several times every sentence? Makes Gordon Ramsey sound polite.

18. tom_e

Man of Honour

Have you ever been around squadies? It's a form of punctuation :D

19. DrewBrees

Gangster

Nobody has ever passed the entrance test for the Catering Corps, as it involves being able to cook a decent meal.

20. Glanza

Sgarrista

Was surprised by no1 going from leader on day 1 to suddenly at the back the next day. Hopefully the firefighter can stick it out generally the ones who shine in early episodes end up not finishing the full show.