1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Shimmy, 30 Nov 2021.

?

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

Poll closed 12 Dec 2021.
  1. 1

5.4%
  2. 2

3.9%
  3. 3

7.9%
  4. 4

4.4%
  5. 6

7.9%
  6. 7

14.3%
  7. 8

22.2%
  8. 9

14.8%
  9. 10

13.8%
  10. 5

5.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feek

Commissario

Slightest touch on any wall is going to bring out a safety car. I think Bernd might be busy this weekend.

2. Slam62

Sgarrista

Masi is going to have a melt down

3. englishpremier

Sgarrista

Oh dear. Looks terrible. Thought it might be better than that. Very narrow, no real turns. The last corner that could have possibly been an overtaking spot looks to close in on the driver pretty quickly towards the exit.

It's the second longest track on the calendar so we're going to lose a greater percentage of the GP time if the SC comes out. It's also going to be a fast track meaning we get a shorter GP time. Personally I prefer the 2hr races rather than the short 90 mins ones like we get at Monza.

4. MooMoo444

Caporegime

As questionable as the track may be, that was an immense lap. I struggle hard with that track on F1 2021 :D

5. Kenai

Capodecina

I think we might get a bit of 'new track' interest as they learn the circuit but that looks pretty crap for overtaking, no wonder they've stacked the DRS zones, these cars won't be able to follow each other at all the rest of the circuit.

What it does look 'good' for is loads of high speed corners, high tyre loads and riding the kerbs a lot - tyre failures/punctures to be expected?

6. Scam

Capodecina

That looks mental. Quite unsafe too, no? :confused:

Can't imagine there's going to be much overtaking, it looks hard enough to get round in one piece on your own flying lap. If Mad Max decides to push anyone wide in a corner it'll be attempted murder :eek:

7. CSMonkeh

Wise Guy

But will Max see the flags?

8. Bazzards

Wise Guy

Track looks awful.

9. Mr Jack

Caporegime

I suspect it'll be another track that the drivers love but leads to relatively dull races. We shall see.

10. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Safety car is the biggest risk to Hamilton on this one. Probability looks high.

The changes to Abu Dhabi look like they’ll favour the merc even more too.

11. Bazzards

Wise Guy

It looks far too narrow. I fear no overtaking. All very dull. We shall see.

12. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Yup, without a safety car it looks like a procession. We’ve been wrong before though. The Pirelli’s will probably all fail.

13. JRS

Capodecina

Lewis Hamilton: 'Not my choice' to race at Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.

So don't race, sodpot. Take a God damned stand. You're telling me that the top driver in F1 pulling out and not racing wouldn't send a message?

14. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

I doubt it’s that simple in terms of all his contracts though. He’s saying more than most others at least. I can’t wait for the ‘we race as one message’ to play.

15. Slam62

Sgarrista

Lol would you? Think about it

16. JRS

Capodecina

Can't make him race. He can start and pull in (Lauda, Japan, '76...Prost, Australia, '89...). Claim it was too dangerous, not feeling it...who's going to contradict Lewis Hamilton?

If I felt strongly enough, absolutely. If I was just playing at being a Social Justice Warrior then I'd race. Guess we'll see which way Lewis goes this weekend ;)

17. Slam62

Sgarrista

Everyone plays at social justice warrior or they are right wing, very few walk the walk.

18. Feek

Commissario

This is going to be carnage, look how close those walls are.

19. EVH

Don

Give over, he’s doing more and being more vocal than other drivers.

The guy is going for a record breaking 8th title and you’re calling him a SJW because he said he doesn’t feel comfortable racing in a country with an abysmal track record for equal rights? In your mind he needs to chuck away a hard fought title fight because Liberty put money ahead of morals?

I’d agree with you if the title fight was over but there’s a square root of naff-all chance that’s happening on Sunday.

20. JRS

Capodecina

No, I'm employing a spot of hyperbole because what he's doing here is performative BS. Either accept that global sport is neutral/apolitical on such matters (hell, he's raced in China with zero complaints before...) and race, or stick by your stated principles and pull out of the deal. And if you lose the title because of it - oh well, you won seven others, and you're getting paid no matter what.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.