• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
LXavvu2.png
Jeddah
When was the track built?
The Jeddah Corniche Circuit is, you won’t be surprised to hear, a temporary street circuit (albeit adorned with some permanent sections), located on the Corniche – a 30km coastal resort area of the ancient Saudi Arabian city of Jeddah. Designed by the Tilke company, in conjunction with Formula 1’s own Motorsports team – who used Google Earth for their initial investigations into potential layouts – F1’s Ross Brawn said of the track: “What we want to see is a race circuit. We don’t want Mickey Mouse circuits. We don’t want those old classic street circuits with 90 degree turns. We want fast sweeping circuits, circuits which are going to challenge the drivers – and they are going to love it.”

When was its first Grand Prix?
The inaugural Saudi Arabian Grand Prix takes place in 2021, the race joining its Middle Eastern counterparts in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi – while like those races, the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix will also take place under floodlights.

What's the circuit like?
Fast. Very fast. Average speeds around the Jeddah Corniche Circuit are set to be 252km/h – quicker than those at Silverstone, and second on the 2021 calendar only to Monza – aka ‘The Temple of Speed’. It will, quite simply, be the fastest street circuit ever seen in Formula 1 – while the track will also feature the most corners on the 2021 calendar with 27, many of them quick, sinuous bends as the drivers wend their way along the Jeddah waterfront.

TV Times
Sky:
GqWoaIQ.png

C4:
Sat - Quali Highlights 8.40pm
Sun - Race Highlights 10pm

Track Diagram & Information
1l3LD5K.png

Weather Forecast
I1n503E.png

WDC Standings
y6L3Q7L.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
S0wfK6D.png

Practice 1
3fStSpU.png

Practice 2
f12OhNP.png

Practice 3
Q5M6CO5.png

Qualifying
OHmuizQ.png

Race
LdqciGK.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Any track that has 3x DRS zones and a 1st sector with that many twisties has me suspicious.

Commissario
That last sector down to the final hairpin with the DRS zone approaching it looks interesting, especially with the DRS detection point being right at the end of the previous DRS zone.

Soldato
Cheers @Shimmy.

Excited to see what this race does for the two championships!

Think I read somewhere that about 70% of the lap is WOT which in theory should benefit the Mercedes and Hamilton's Brazil engine.

Also read somewhere that Redbull are trying to tweak their engine for more performance, so it could be a close battle.

Associate
Cheers @Shimmy.

Excited to see what this race does for the two championships!

Think I read somewhere that about 70% of the lap is WOT which in theory should benefit the Mercedes and Hamilton's Brazil engine.

Also read somewhere that Redbull are trying to tweak their engine for more performance, so it could be a close battle.
Unless it breaks the Brazil engine which seems to be specced at minimum survivability...

Soldato
Safety cars could wreck strategies and erase advantages very quickly round here so it's wide open really. Mercedes have to be aggressive. They can't leave anything on the table. It would be better to be aggressive in this race whilst having to be weaker in the last as Hamilton simply has to win to at least place it in their hands as being possible.

Soldato
I'm guessing RB will have their skinny wing out. Earlier in the year they were somewhat faster than Merc in a straight-line, and we know the Honda engine is no slouch. It also seems to hardly degrade (lose hp) compared to the Mercedes one, so it should be interesting.

Can see the Mercs overheating and running into other issues if they don't get out ahead.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I think the RB is going to be quicker than the mercs round here by some margin.
No chance. The circuit is front end limited which suits the merc.

Plus Hamilton will have the rocket engine from Brazil. I expect him to be easily 0.4s ahead for pole.

The bigger question is, will Bottas be able to play rear gunner or will he end up languishing in P8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom