Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Track guide posted on the Merc channel.

Oh dear. Looks terrible. Thought it might be better than that. Very narrow, no real turns. The last corner that could have possibly been an overtaking spot looks to close in on the driver pretty quickly towards the exit.

It's the second longest track on the calendar so we're going to lose a greater percentage of the GP time if the SC comes out. It's also going to be a fast track meaning we get a shorter GP time. Personally I prefer the 2hr races rather than the short 90 mins ones like we get at Monza.

Soldato
I think we might get a bit of 'new track' interest as they learn the circuit but that looks pretty crap for overtaking, no wonder they've stacked the DRS zones, these cars won't be able to follow each other at all the rest of the circuit.

What it does look 'good' for is loads of high speed corners, high tyre loads and riding the kerbs a lot - tyre failures/punctures to be expected?

Soldato
That looks mental. Quite unsafe too, no? :confused:

Can't imagine there's going to be much overtaking, it looks hard enough to get round in one piece on your own flying lap. If Mad Max decides to push anyone wide in a corner it'll be attempted murder :eek:

Man of Honour
Safety car is the biggest risk to Hamilton on this one. Probability looks high.

The changes to Abu Dhabi look like they’ll favour the merc even more too.

Man of Honour
Lewis Hamilton: 'Not my choice' to race at Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.

So don't race, sodpot. Take a God damned stand. You're telling me that the top driver in F1 pulling out and not racing wouldn't send a message?

I doubt it’s that simple in terms of all his contracts though. He’s saying more than most others at least. I can’t wait for the ‘we race as one message’ to play.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I doubt it’s that simple in terms of all his contracts though. He’s saying more than most others at least. I can’t wait for the ‘we race as one message’ to play.

Can't make him race. He can start and pull in (Lauda, Japan, '76...Prost, Australia, '89...). Claim it was too dangerous, not feeling it...who's going to contradict Lewis Hamilton?

Lol would you? Think about it

If I felt strongly enough, absolutely. If I was just playing at being a Social Justice Warrior then I'd race. Guess we'll see which way Lewis goes this weekend ;)

Soldato
Can't make him race. He can start and pull in (Lauda, Japan, '76...Prost, Australia, '89...). Claim it was too dangerous, not feeling it...who's going to contradict Lewis Hamilton?

If I felt strongly enough, absolutely. If I was just playing at being a Social Justice Warrior then I'd race. Guess we'll see which way Lewis goes this weekend ;)
Everyone plays at social justice warrior or they are right wing, very few walk the walk.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Give over, he’s doing more and being more vocal than other drivers.

The guy is going for a record breaking 8th title and you’re calling him a SJW because he said he doesn’t feel comfortable racing in a country with an abysmal track record for equal rights? In your mind he needs to chuck away a hard fought title fight because Liberty put money ahead of morals?

I’d agree with you if the title fight was over but there’s a square root of naff-all chance that’s happening on Sunday.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Give over, he’s doing more and being more vocal than other drivers.

The guy is going for a record breaking 8th title and you’re calling him a SJW because he said he doesn’t feel comfortable racing in a country with an abysmal track record for equal rights? In your mind he needs to chuck away a hard fought title fight because Liberty put money ahead of morals?

I’d agree with you if the title fight was over but there’s a square root of naff-all chance that’s happening on Sunday.

No, I'm employing a spot of hyperbole because what he's doing here is performative BS. Either accept that global sport is neutral/apolitical on such matters (hell, he's raced in China with zero complaints before...) and race, or stick by your stated principles and pull out of the deal. And if you lose the title because of it - oh well, you won seven others, and you're getting paid no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom