Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
It’ll be a miracle if they all survive the first lap. Looks far too narrow to overtake and two many bends creating turbulent air. I don’t really get this track.

Unfortunately it just looks like another flat soulless dump that F1 loves these days, but hey think of the reddies.

Associate
My predictions:

Hamilton pole with Max in second, max will get the drop on him at the start and then make his car as wide as possible whilst the Merc struggles to follow before eventually dropping back to preserve tires/cool engine. Cue a procession until the pitstops where the chance of an undercut adds some jeopardy. There will be at least a couple of SC periods as the midfield clatter each other on lap 1/ping off the walls. I should add I am rooting for Lewis but you can't help but admire Max's consistency at the start.

On the sim run the track looks super tight from the driver's perspective, its difficult to see an overtake anywhere other than the S/F straight unless there is a massive offset in performance and some gigantic balls.

Soldato
Hamilton pole with Max in second, max will get the drop on him at the start and then make his car as wide as possible whilst the Merc struggles to follow before eventually dropping back to preserve tires/cool engine. Cue a procession until the pitstops where the chance of an undercut adds some jeopardy. There will be at least a couple of SC periods as the midfield clatter each other on lap 1/ping off the walls.
I agree 100% with that prediction (but refuse to give Mad Max credit for anything :p)

Soldato
Mercedes getting slated by Michael Gove and Lisa Nandy for signing a sponsorship deal with Kingspan - a company who supplied a tiny amount of cladding to Grenfell.
Without Kingspan's knowledge apparently, though. Meh. It's a poor decision by Merc and I'm sure Lewis will be all over it shortly (if he's allowed).

Soldato
Mercedes getting slated by Michael Gove and Lisa Nandy for signing a sponsorship deal with Kingspan - a company who supplied a tiny amount of cladding to Grenfell.

Did Kingspan actually do anything wrong? I will admit I'm not educated on it, but from the wiki it looks like the blame seems to lie with the contractors using materials they shouldn't and regulators for approving it. Kingspan seem to be no more involved than the manufacturers of the aircraft used in 9/11 were for that. As such I fail to see what the fuss is about.

Soldato
Did Kingspan actually do anything wrong? I will admit I'm not educated on it, but from the wiki it looks like the blame seems to lie with the contractors using materials they shouldn't and regulators for approving it. Kingspan seem to be no more involved than the manufacturers of the aircraft used in 9/11 were for that. As such I fail to see what the fuss is about.

No it's just politicians being politicians and thinking that because they have to walk on eggshells all the time, so does everyone else. Frankly if I was Toto Wolf I'd just tell them to mind their own business.

Man of Honour

Have to agree; its like blaming the manufacturer of plasticine because someone built an office block out of it and it collapsed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom