Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
An important distinction here, it's not the stewards offering these deals, it's the race director offering them in lieu of referring something to the stewards.

The stewards won't get involved unless something is referred to them by Masi.

Good point I forgot it's the director. Still same view point utter shambolic that that sort of thing is allowed to actually happen surely? Even Martin seemed quite taken back by deals being made etc.

Soldato
Dangerous driving forcing max off the road several times this year...hitting him in the back you know insurance claims usually side with the car being hit ..... :rolleyes: then most people do not even realise Mercedes have had an illegal engine for several years they got a 1.5 year headstart on all the other F1 teams as they got the FIA contract to spec & blueprint the hybrid engine to gain an unfair advantage...but its not cheating no guvnor we would never share those secrets with our own engineers would we :rolleyes: basically all of Mercedes WDC have been illegal because of this ;):p but don't let the actual facts stand in the way of lulu fanboy worship syndrome......:p

Careful, you’re gonna touch a few nerves :D:D

Soldato
I don't think any decisions will be made that will change the result this weekend or next.

To be honest that's probably the right call, draw a line under all the shambles this weekend, move on and lets have a clean slate for the finale next week. Even as a Lewis fan I wouldn't want the title decided on a grid drop from the race before.

Associate
I don't think any decisions will be made that will change the result this weekend or next.

To be honest that's probably the right call, draw a line under all the shambles this weekend, move on and lets have a clean slate for the finale next week. Even as a Lewis fan I wouldn't want the title decided on a grid drop from the race before.

it won’t lead to a clean slate like what happened with Brazil. Max will pretty much see that as a green light for his dreadful driving standards.

Soldato
Dangerous driving forcing max off the road several times this year...hitting him in the back you know insurance claims usually side with the car being hit ..... :rolleyes: then most people do not even realise Mercedes have had an illegal engine for several years they got a 1.5 year headstart on all the other F1 teams as they got the FIA contract to spec & blueprint the hybrid engine to gain an unfair advantage...but its not cheating no guvnor we would never share those secrets with our own engineers would we :rolleyes: basically all of Mercedes WDC have been illegal because of this ;):p but don't let the actual facts stand in the way of lulu fanboy worship syndrome......:p

That’s quite a story any facts to back it up?

Soldato
even the Schumacher / Hill seems less frustrating, although maybe at the time i was this wound up.

That was much worse.

Di'resta needs sacking off. Basically saying with 100% fact lewis was playing games for the DRS line which is why the crash happened, Max being told to give play strategically (so bloody obvious what this means) but PDR is like na cant see that being the case for Max blah blah. Max 100% has to move off racing line to let lewis through, this didnt happen and through his actions it has to be dangerous driving simple surely?

Watch the drivers press conference, Lewis said he was thinking about the DRS line and didn't want to overtake knowing Max would gain DRS to retake the lead.

There's a problem with it when it results in idiotic moves like Max standing on the brakes in an attempt to get Lewis to cross the detection line first.

There's probably some blame on both sides.

Max slowed where he did knowing once Lewis passed Max would gain DRS to retake the lead. Lewis has said he was aware of Max and his position and didn't want to overtake before the DRS line knowing he wouldn't hold the lead. So what we have is max slowing further and Lewis backing off wanting Max to pass the DRS line before taking the lead.

The part we don't know is whether there was intent from either driver when they collided. Max turning at the last moment and Lewis going into the back of him. We've heard that Lewis wasn't fully aware of what Red Bull had told Max to do, and we know that Max was told to strategically let him past. Honestly I think we'll never get a full gone conclusion and it's better to put it down to a racing incident.

Mate you're going to get ridiculed for this nonsense, honestly you deserve it if you believe that.

Soldato
Weak authority at the top has got us to where we are now. Turning a blind eye to the same moves race after race after race. This isn't a 2021 thing either Max has been doing it his whole career.

Might come back to bite them on the **** next week if Max crashes Lewis out of the race and this whole thing ends up needing to be decided in court.

Which court though? A real court or that Mikey mouse one that banned Flavio from FIA-sanctioned events indefinitely only for a real court to overturn it and award Flavio compensation.

Commissario

“Facts”?

Soldato
it won’t lead to a clean slate like what happened with Brazil. Max will pretty much see that as a green light for his dreadful driving standards.
The only penalty I'd dish out would be a 0.5 point deduction for Max so he can't run Ham off to win the title ;)

There's controversy wherever you look with this season, the tie breaker is race wins Max leads 9 to 8 currently. One of those 9 was the Belgian Grand Prix.........

Soldato
Woohoo, the perfect weekend for me, Lewis wins, and Newcastle and Detroit both win their first game of the season

Ditto! Yesterday was excellent with the Toon win and the quali result. :D

Gave the race a 2, purely for the Hamilton win. Other than that, it was an embarrassment for the sport. Shocking track, shocking officiating and some shocking driving.

Roll on next weekend… Never thought I’d be looking forward to Abu Dhabi this much.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Just re-watching the race now. I’m still not convinced a red flag was even needed.

“Push the giant foam blocks 2ft forward please chaps”.

Soldato
I just love how nobody has said Lewis should have just gone through on the left and are being completely oblivious to the fact he drove into the back of another car which he could have completely avoided.

Soldato

The only problem is Max has on numerous occasions shown his blatent disregard for the rules and his lack of punishment has only emboldened him to do it more.

Thankfully so far Max’s actions have had little to no impact on the championship. However with only 1 race to go the stewards lack of action to make Max think twice might effect the championship.

Though it’s a wider issue than just this years WDC. Max will be the same next year and the year after. The only way he’ll stop is if he knows he’ll get a penalty.

Soldato
Wow, there’s some salt in those tears

Associate
I just love how nobody has said Lewis should have just gone through on the left and are being completely oblivious to the fact he drove into the back of another car which he could have completely avoided.

not convinced I would have any other thought than “what’s he doing? Is he just going to take me out if I go past him (like he tries most of the time).”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom