Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Dangerous driving forcing max off the road several times this year...hitting him in the back you know insurance claims usually side with the car being hit ..... :rolleyes: then most people do not even realise Mercedes have had an illegal engine for several years they got a 1.5 year headstart on all the other F1 teams as they got the FIA contract to spec & blueprint the hybrid engine to gain an unfair advantage...but its not cheating no guvnor we would never share those secrets with our own engineers would we :rolleyes: basically all of Mercedes WDC have been illegal because of this ;):p but don't let the actual facts stand in the way of lulu fanboy worship syndrome......:p

Max is that you in there?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Just re-watching the race now. I’m still not convinced a red flag was even needed.

“Push the giant foam blocks 2ft forward please chaps”.
Oh look… before the cars have even got back to the pits, the wall has been fixed.

Come on guys! This isn’t a metal Armco barrier where you’re checking stress and metal fatigue… I’ve seen more construction in a kids soft play. They’re literally big foam blocks.

Shocking.

Soldato
not convinced I would have any other thought than “what’s he doing? Is he just going to take me out if I go past him (like he tries most of the time).”

Doesn’t ignore the fact there was plenty of space for him to go past yet still managed to drive into the back of him which was 100% avoidable.

If Max did take him out as he went past then that’s a different story altogether.

Caporegime
Max is just a ****** cheater. Just cannot bare to be overtaken, so will just go off the track. Every time.

That red flag on the first incident as well just when Max happens not to have pitted when the Mercs did.....suspicious as anything.

Associate
Doesn’t ignore the fact there was plenty of space for him to go past yet still managed to drive into the back of him which was 100% avoidable.

If Max did take him out as he went past then that’s a different story altogether.

Doesnt change fact max should have moved off the racing line to make it clear, it's not as if lewis purposely drove in to him, he has more to loose etc.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

On the commentary they said one of the tecpro blocks were punctured and needed replaced.
They also missed that the barrier had already been repaired at this stage.

The camera cuts from the Marshalls legging it away from the scene and the cars are just starting their in-lap.

Given they lifted a car over the fencing, the fact they took 4/5 laps to stop the race to move a few blocks is pretty awful.

Associate

It would be interesting to see what Max did with his throttle/brake as they collided. Hamilton made a decision to pass him and clipped him.

Did a 7 time world champion get it horribly wrong or did the Red Bill slow down even further?

Caporegime
Max simply needs to move to the left or right hand side of the track and the incident doesn't happen. Make it obvious.

By sitting in the middle of the track, he didn't make it obvious to the driver behind.... Simple.

Yep..he slowed down massively and sat I'm the middle of the track. I'm not surprised Lewis was hesitant. Then he goes to pass him and Max brake tests him. Should be disqualified.

Soldato
They also missed that the barrier had already been repaired at this stage.

The camera cuts from the Marshalls legging it away from the scene and the cars are just starting their in-lap.

Given they lifted a car over the fencing, the fact they took 4/5 laps to stop the race to move a few blocks is pretty awful.

They didn't know about the damage until they removed Schumacher's car, then made the decision to red flag.

That's what we were told, wasn't my decision :p

I think it's fine to red flag for safety, but allowing tyre changes for strategy under these conditions is the real problem.

Soldato
I just love how nobody has said Lewis should have just gone through on the left and are being completely oblivious to the fact he drove into the back of another car which he could have completely avoided.
I love how you're completely oblivious to the fact that Lewis DID try to go last him in the left (eventually) and that's when Max steered left (and slammed in the brakes). And don't forget F1 cars don't have brake lights and you never expect the guy in front to just stop, this isn't the Sainsbury's roundabout in Swindon where you're ready for Brenda to dilly dally pulling out into traffic.

Associate
Is there a rule that states the driver needs to move off the racing line?

There probably isnt, but back markers generally.move to one side and you see other drivers after being told to give place back they also move to one side. This just seems to be another Max incident where he thinks he can do his own thing etc.

Soldato
I love how you're completely oblivious to the fact that Lewis DID try to go last him in the left (eventually) and that's when Max steered left (and slammed in the brakes). And don't forget F1 cars don't have brake lights and you never expect the guy in front to just stop, this isn't the Sainsbury's roundabout in Swindon where you're ready for Brenda to dilly dally pulling out into traffic.

So my conspiracy theory on this is that Max wanted to make it difficult for Lewis to make the turn, giving Max DRS and Lewis a poor exit (by forcing him far to the left) and onto the straight allowing Max an easy overtake to regain the lead. Unfortunately for Max he ended up forcing Lewis into the back of him.

Soldato

He literally had so much time to pass him and decided to do it last minute at which point he realised it was too late, there’s literally nothing more to say.

Soldato

There probably isnt, but back markers generally.move to one side and you see other drivers after being told to give place back they also move to one side. This just seems to be another Max incident where he thinks he can do his own thing etc.

Here is the answer to your thoughts as confirmed by Lewis when asked about the incident and his awareness of DRS just ahead:

So my conspiracy theory on this is that Max wanted to make it difficult for Lewis to make the turn, giving Max DRS and Lewis a poor exit (by forcing him far to the left) and onto the straight allowing Max an easy overtake to regain the lead. Unfortunately for Max he ended up forcing Lewis into the back of him.

Caporegime
He literally had so much time to pass him and decided to do it last minute at which point he realised it was too late, there’s literally nothing more to say.

If Max was letting him past, why did he slow down a massive amount on the racing line, swerve a bit , slow down even more, wait for Lewis to hit him , and then just speed off?

That isnt how you give a place back that you created your way into.

Transmission breaker
Don
then most people do not even realise Mercedes have had an illegal engine for several years they got a 1.5 year headstart on all the other F1 teams as they got the FIA contract to spec & blueprint the hybrid engine to gain an unfair advantage...but its not cheating no guvnor we would never share those secrets with our own engineers would we :rolleyes: basically all of Mercedes WDC have been illegal because of this ;):p but don't let the actual facts stand in the way of lulu fanboy worship syndrome......:p

This is a big claim, can you cite your sources so I can read about this?

Very interested :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom