SBS 2003 - How would you organise these users?

Associate
Hi all,
After some advice as to how to solve the following problem. I have a customer that has 2 seperate physical offices, both running 2003 SBS with Exchange. At the moment, email for Site 2 is delivered is delivered to Site 1 (as they use the same email domain name for both sites), and then forwarded on via a contact in Exchange to Site 2.

I am installing a new server in Site 1, so want to categorise the users in Active Directory/Exchange so it is obvious what is going on. How should I go about this? Should I be adding a seperate Organisational Unit for Site 2 to store their accounts under?

Alternatively, is there an easier approach to forward email for Site 2 to them?

Matt
P.S. Hope that all makes sense!

Associate
OP
Not possible unfortunately. Email is delivered to the domain e.g., www.domain.com, via SMTP to site 1. If there is a contact on site 1's SBS server for a site 2 user, the email is sent up to site 2.

This situation is irrelevant perhaps. The question should have really been, how do you group users into the various departments that they work in? Do you use Organisational Units?

Matt

Associate
I don't use OU myself, I think it over complicates things. I've moved most domains out of the clutches of ISPs mostly to Virtual names domain hosting. Then I've set up new throw away domains for the ISP's to use & used domain forwarding from VN to the ISP domain names. This works very well for me including a customer who has multiple offices & lots of separate mail systems.

Back
Top Bottom