Scariest Monster / Thing in a game?

Soldato
Has to be that one door in one of the early resident evil's where, instead of the normal opening door animation, zombies came through the door! The first time it happened I nearly had an ass explosion.

Soldato
Beserker GOW 1 (Not necessarily scary) But made me want to get the heck out of there lol

Silent Hill has to take the cake though

Soldato
The granny zombies on Forbidden Siren. I've played all the above games & they all scared to poo out of me but Forbidden Siren was the most haunting.

The most enduring image I have is playing as the little girl trying to get out of the house, hiding in cupboards while granny zombies armed with kitchen knives & rakes roam the corridors looking for me.

Associate
The big cyborg things from Deus Ex. I can't remember what they were called, but I was young when I played that and they freaked me out loads.

Associate
Not exactly what the OP asked, but in the 2002? Rebelllions AvP2 right at the beginning when you have to turn the power on and its all quiet, then you turn the power on and there light and sound... whilst walking back to get out the styeam pipe bursts, that bit make me literally fall off my chair, i remember my mum and dad running upstairs shouting what the hell was up with me, while i was still on the floor holding my mouse in mid air pressing fire... Mum and Dad wernt pleased

Soldato
The controller in STALKER. It's the first and only time that I've ever completely panicked in a video game, just firing wildly in all directions. Freaked me out totally!

Soldato
Anything in Demon's Souls world 5 and in fact the world itself.

Hell even thinking about that place makes me uncomfortable.

Wish this was available for the PC.

Can't think of any genuinely scary monsters, as only experienced jump moments because of loud noises and monster springing out from somewhere unexpected. Not played any Silent Hill games though.

Back
Top Bottom