Scariest Monster / Thing in a game?

Soldato
Pyramidhead - Slient Hill
127438-pyramidheadjpg.jpg

Soldato
can't remember the name of the game but i think you were a Japanese girl running around taking photos of ghosts with no weapons but a camera, just thinking of it is making me scared now and its early in the morning and i still haven't gone to bed

Soldato
HellKnight from Doom3. Also, biggest jump out of my skin moment was the dog smashing through the window into the mansion from outside in resident evil 1. It completely takes you by surprise since the minutes leading up to that is just silent exploration.

Soldato
First time you meet this guy in Doom 3
doom-3.jpg

Any of the evil-ass-nasties in the Silent Hill games

And suprised only one person has mentioned it so far but I'd go with the original Cyberdemon in Doom :)

Coming accross him at 3am wasn't fun lol

Associate
CYBERDEMON!

This.. Loved the build up to it. Simple room tons of guns and ammo and a daunting thump thump thump and me thinking what the hell is that?

There's also been a few other 'oh crap' moments in ny gaming career. Probably the first one is encountering a Thargoid ship in elite and noting with dread my newly fitted beam lasers were'nt even denting it.

Emerald weapon in FF7 was pretty daunting, took me 20 mins to kill the thing if I recall(although most of that were repeats of the summoning animation from knight of the round).

I don't really remember any new ones, probably because i can usually recognise the tricks and signals game designers use to signpost something bad about to happen.

Soldato
Most of the stuff in the Thief games were pretty scary. The haunted cathedral level in Thief 1 was damn creepy, as was that one with the trickster.

The first AvP game was also pretty scary when it came out. Face huggers etc. :(

Soldato
The controller in STALKER. It's the first and only time that I've ever completely panicked in a video game, just firing wildly in all directions. Freaked me out totally!

Is that the invisible mutant? ran into him yesterday lol empted 3 mags and ran for it lol

Back
Top Bottom