scooter petition

Soldato
Are PLEV's different to mobility scooters?

It says PLEV's are currently banned from riding on the pavement or the road, but i've seen people on mobility scooters bombing around on both the pavement and the roads. :confused:

There are 3 classes of Mobilty scooters/chairs. All 3 classes should be limited to 4mph whilst on the pavement, most have a limiter switch if they are capable of more. Only Class 3 are allowed to use the road & require DVSA registration and tax (free)

Soldato
I searched the term and found these. Is this what we're talking about?
3-wheel-2.png

maxresdefault.jpg

triad-750i-std-seat-w-basket-industrial-black.jpg

Caporegime
The act does need modernising, electric bikes should be legal to 25mph 750W for adults, the limits that are put on them are absurd and as such no one pays attention to them.

Man of Honour
Think you'll find that it is ****wits on 4 wheels clogging up the roads

I think you'll find that on any clogged up road full of 4 wheel drivers you will find a cycle at the front of it - obviously

The act does need modernising, electric bikes should be legal to 25mph 750W for adults, the limits that are put on them are absurd and as such no one pays attention to them.

I had a 1000 watt and lasted about a month before I went back to 250, it scared the hell out of me.
Funny thing is I'd hit 30 mph a lot of the time on my road bike but on an MTB/Hybrid it didn't feel right.

Caporegime
Oddly enough horses are classed as animals, and predate the invention of the car, or even bike;)

Most owners will have them insured, if just because vets bills tend to be high.

You are confusing public liability insurance and veterinary fees insurance which are two totally different things and are ultimately impertinent to this discussion!

Soldato
Are PLEV's different to mobility scooters?

It says PLEV's are currently banned from riding on the pavement or the road, but i've seen people on mobility scooters bombing around on both the pavement and the roads. :confused:

Mobility Scooters are driven by a significant proportion of the voting dynamic, beardy hipsters potentially riding PLEV's are not.

Back
Top Bottom