1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scottish Independance Referendum 2

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Kyo, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Quartz

Sgarrista

I disagree. They've all but taken over from Labour as the party of the left.

2. Quartz

Sgarrista

Because Labour are rapidly collapsing. One only has to look at what's happening here in Aberdeen where the local Labour councillors are still suspended or expelled from the party. Like it or not, the SNP are a left-wing party.

3. StriderX

Capodecina

Davison is no leader, lol She never turns up to her bloody surgeries or indeed ever goes infront of a camera to talk about why she's so afraid of scrutiny. The next vote will assuredly mean the Tories losing ground again.

4. Kyo

Mobster

But Nicola is? During the last elections, she was hard selling independence to the point even her own party asked her to tone it down (until the elections were over) but as usual she persisted and it ended up hurting the party which gave them a reality check. So it can happen to anyone including the SNP.

5. StriderX

Capodecina

Never once denied that the SNP are some infallible group of people, but vastly superior to the morons that run ScotLab and the downright racists that seem to pervade the Tory's lot (of which Davidson is assuredly not happy about, but hypocritically allows because it's politics).

I mean you only need to look at the difference in demeanor between the DUP's Foster and Davidson to Tory HQ to realise how limp and worthless she really is. She's literally the epitome of self-hatred.

For sure the SNP as a party could be more libertarian in my view to counterbalance the authoritarianism inherent in the West, but for now, i'm simply glad that some level of sense and appropriate diplomatic knowledge is at the top of governance here.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  6. eddiemcgarrigle

Mobster

Davidson and Mundell now threatening to quit (aye right) if Northern Ireland gets a better deal than rest of UK as that would fuel calls for independence. In other words, we want our country to get the worst possible Brexit deal or we'll quit. Why do so many view their country so negatively.

7. ubersonic

Capodecina

While that is true, it's also unknown if it even had any effect on the first indyref (or even had the effect they were hoping for). We know from the 2016 EU referendum that only 41% of Scottish voters cared enough about EU membership to support it, the rest either wanted to leave or didn't care either way. It's entirely possible that the idea that leaving the UK meant leaving the EU too boosted the Yes campaigns result.

8. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

Ruth Davidson/Harrison has never done a real days work. Maybe not in her lifetime but definitely not since becoming a politician.

Her constituents surgery record confirms this.

The fact that she is the most protected MSP in Scotland and has been for years reveals the priority of the media in Scotland. She won ‘Scottish politician of the year’ twice running while doing nothing. They even put her on bake off hoping that would give her some publicity. Whenever she should be confronted, she disappears, says she’s pregnant or gives us a sob story to why we should feel sorry for her because living with mental health is difficult. Like many of her other party members as well as Labour, this woman no is more than charlatan and a Unionist shill.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  9. JeditOjanen

Mobster

^^^ Less "Unionist shill" and more "being a Tory", I think you'll find.

For once I am in agreement with Eddie, which should tell you how transparent it all is. Sturgeon must be rubbing her hands with glee today.

10. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

In the context of her media personality protection describing her as a Unionist shill is appropriate.

11. V F

Capodecina

It's because it's a game to them.

12. Figo

Gangster

Ref OP-

No Thanks.

First Indy Ref already divided the nation as much as I've ever seen.

And as someone in the north, whether its Westminster or Edinburgh, the money made up here all flows south anyway...

13. StriderX

Capodecina

Hardly, i still dont notice this "division".

14. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

Maybe its time that money made up here didn't flow any further South than Gretna...

15. nkata

Soldato

Or that money made down here did not flow any further north than Berwick? :p :D

16. eddiemcgarrigle

Mobster

Cut us free then matey, let's see who is skint first.

17. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

I know where my money is....

18. Nasher

Capodecina

So does RBS, they said they would move to London if Scotland left lol

19. JeditOjanen

Mobster

That was before the Brexit vote. Now, their mind has almost certainly changed about that.

To Frankfurt or Paris.

20. Nasher

Capodecina

Still not great for Scotland though is it.