1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scottish Independance Referendum 2

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Kyo, Mar 13, 2017.

1. StriderX

Capodecina

Really should start ejecting Russia Today wholesale, including it's minions. Just try him for treason tbh.

2. Mr Badger

Soldato

3. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

As Badger says he hadn't until now actually been charged with anything, I can only assume its to do with the Sexual Harassment claims

I have to agree - RT is cringeworthy stuff and for some reason seems to be populated with a lot of ex-Scottish politicians, its embarassing.

4. mikeo

Mobster

Isn't it just :(

Maybe it's because it is one of the few forums left, that the guy can get any exposure on. He's always liked the sound of his own voice.

5. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

He does that! Looks fairly serious what he’s been charged with...

6. mattcrane

Hitman

As far as I am aware it was the Scottish Parliamentary Investigation that was flawed not the Police Scotland Investigation.

7. Uther

Sgarrista

Even though he's not been in charge of the SNP for years the unionists will have a field day with this.

8. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

Based on Twitter they already are

9. Nasher

Capodecina

RT represents the typical Russian stance on everything. Lie when you get caught out doing something dodgy even when everyone else knows it's a lie, or blame it all on someone else. Only report government approved news from within Russia (or get novichoked). Recruit disgruntled or disgraced politicians, reporters or "experts" to try and appear credible.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  10. Mr Badger

Soldato

Indeed.

11. JeditOjanen

Mobster

That would be the Scottish Parliament which is run by Nicola Sturgeon, then? The same Sturgeon who several times met privately with Salmond?

Still, to be fair they could just have been discussing Indyref 2. Salmond is apparently the expert on getting what you want from people who already said no.

12. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

It wasn't a Scottish Parliamentary investigation, it was a Scottish Civil Service Investigation i.e Civil Servants/Officials - not the Politicians.

13. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

You’re wrong and you’re playing with matches.

14. JeditOjanen

Mobster

I'll accept the correction; I'd been told otherwise. Still, though, not a good look.

15. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

New polling from the firm of Tory Peer Lord Ashcroft showing "Yes" to Scottish Independence leading for the first time since a poll in early 2017.

Also showing a majority in favour of another referendum before 2021 - I suspect that the elevation of Boris to the Premiership and his apparent desire to go head first for a no-deal Brexit may be having an influence here....

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2019/08/my-scotland-poll-yes-to-independence-takes-the-lead/

16. Uther

Sgarrista

Hardly surprising really.Personally I think the figure is much higher than that. The crunch issue is having to ask permission for another referendum...

17. robfosters

Caporegime

I wouldn’t mind tbh. We’d be out of the EU, but if Scotland joined the EU, I could still get a Scottish/EU passport through my grandfather. Win/win!

18. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

Yeah I think it probably is too, I know too many people who voted No in 2014 who are either firm "Yes" next time or at the least wavering very heavily.
    Also to note the Polling didn't include 16 and 17 year olds who would be eligible to vote and most info suggests are very Pro-Independence.

I hope we get another poll soon from one of the other usual suspects like Panelbase or IPSOS-Mori, I'd even take a YouGov poll!

19. StriderX

Capodecina

The theoretical limit is ~60%, the rest are either too scared to make a decision or a bunch of sycophants who don't think, and with i mean constantly ignoring the damage that the British establishment is doing in it's retarded and anachronistic state.

Losing a limb might spur some change in England for once rather than let society rot to ****.

20. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

Couldn't agree more, I'd like to think that if we saw sustained polling indicating majority support for Indy that some fence-sitters would move over - the type that usually want to make sure they're on the "winning side"