1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scottish Independance Referendum 2

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Kyo, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Mr Badger

Soldato

Indeed.

2. JeditOjanen

Mobster

That would be the Scottish Parliament which is run by Nicola Sturgeon, then? The same Sturgeon who several times met privately with Salmond?

Still, to be fair they could just have been discussing Indyref 2. Salmond is apparently the expert on getting what you want from people who already said no.

3. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

It wasn't a Scottish Parliamentary investigation, it was a Scottish Civil Service Investigation i.e Civil Servants/Officials - not the Politicians.

4. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

You’re wrong and you’re playing with matches.

5. JeditOjanen

Mobster

I'll accept the correction; I'd been told otherwise. Still, though, not a good look.

6. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

New polling from the firm of Tory Peer Lord Ashcroft showing "Yes" to Scottish Independence leading for the first time since a poll in early 2017.

Also showing a majority in favour of another referendum before 2021 - I suspect that the elevation of Boris to the Premiership and his apparent desire to go head first for a no-deal Brexit may be having an influence here....

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2019/08/my-scotland-poll-yes-to-independence-takes-the-lead/

7. Uther

Sgarrista

Hardly surprising really.Personally I think the figure is much higher than that. The crunch issue is having to ask permission for another referendum...

8. robfosters

Caporegime

I wouldn’t mind tbh. We’d be out of the EU, but if Scotland joined the EU, I could still get a Scottish/EU passport through my grandfather. Win/win!

9. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

Yeah I think it probably is too, I know too many people who voted No in 2014 who are either firm "Yes" next time or at the least wavering very heavily.
    Also to note the Polling didn't include 16 and 17 year olds who would be eligible to vote and most info suggests are very Pro-Independence.

I hope we get another poll soon from one of the other usual suspects like Panelbase or IPSOS-Mori, I'd even take a YouGov poll!

10. StriderX

Capodecina

The theoretical limit is ~60%, the rest are either too scared to make a decision or a bunch of sycophants who don't think, and with i mean constantly ignoring the damage that the British establishment is doing in it's retarded and anachronistic state.

Losing a limb might spur some change in England for once rather than let society rot to ****.

11. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

Couldn't agree more, I'd like to think that if we saw sustained polling indicating majority support for Indy that some fence-sitters would move over - the type that usually want to make sure they're on the "winning side"

12. robfosters

Caporegime

If brexit didn’t happen and we remained, what would the benefits then be for an independent Scotland?

13. StriderX

Capodecina

What it is has always been, a government that has to listen, and not one that can choose to, the Etonian massiv had a choice and they decided to greed it out.

So here we are.

14. Uther

Sgarrista

That ship has sailed. The ones I know who voted no in 2014 bought into the 'voting no is the only way to stay in the EU' lie and feel more that a little conned.

15. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

I'm hearing a lot of that actually - it almost seems like there are more people willing to Move from No to Yes on the basis that almost everything that was promised by the Lib Dem / Tory / Labour leaders in 2014 has come to nought than because of Brexit

16. robfosters

Caporegime

And how long would it take for Scotland to join the EU? It’s not exactly one application form and all sorted is it?

17. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

Control over our own affairs without being dragged down by a bunch of Etonian toffs, being able to have a global outlook based on compassion and moral values instead of the future for England/rUK which is basically going to be whoring themselves out to the highest foreign bidder while giving up all morals in exchange.

18. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

I personally am not convinced we would end up back in the EU, I'd almost rather go into the Single Market / EFTA with Norway for a while and then make up our minds.
    We could walk into EFTA in a very short period of time as we already meet the criteria.

19. 413x

Capodecina

If I was in Scotland I'd vote to leave the union now
    In ref1 I'd have voted to stay

Think they are in their rights to have another and I bet they will leave

20. robfosters

Caporegime

Well good riddance. But I’ll still have a passport thanks :p