Screen goes blank, tower still working, gpu or monitor?

Associate
Hi, I built a new PC last Nov/Dec and it has run well up till now.
A couple of times in the past week the screen has went blank after an hour or so of playing ghost recon, the tower was still on and sounds from the game was coming out of speakers, but a blank screen.
I tried disconnecting the DP leads, but it made no difference.
I have a Radeon RX 5700 card and wonder if that is the problem, as it seems to blow hot air right out of the back of the card and the air flows right over the connecting leads heating them up quite a bit.

Soldato
Hi, I built a new PC last Nov/Dec and it has run well up till now.
A couple of times in the past week the screen has went blank after an hour or so of playing ghost recon, the tower was still on and sounds from the game was coming out of speakers, but a blank screen.
I tried disconnecting the DP leads, but it made no difference.
I have a Radeon RX 5700 card and wonder if that is the problem, as it seems to blow hot air right out of the back of the card and the air flows right over the connecting leads heating them up quite a bit.
Have you got another monitor/tv you could test it on?

Associate
OP
Yeah, well an lcd tv, I am using the monitor just now, so it seems okay, it only happens after gaming for a while on ghost recon.
I was thinking of getting more fans for the case, I only have the two that came with it.
It is a fractal meshify

Back
Top Bottom