Sea of Thieves - released March 20th

Associate
Beta is open to anyone who has preordered AND anyone who was part of the insider program before dec. 1st, so you may well be able to join!

Make work go away and get me home quick!

Been following this game since the e3 gameplay reveal last year. Looks really fun to play so far on the Twitch streams. Made by Rare too which is a massive bonus knowing its come from a UK developer! :D

Caporegime
Just fired this up, had literally no idea what i was doing, first thing I did was crash into a pier....

From there I ran to the pub and got drunk whilst a bigger ship sailed around and sunk my ship :p

The game doesn't seem to give you many pointers, none in fact.

Soldato
Watched a bit of a few streams on this, is it really that scarce? I’ve maybe watched total hour and half across few streamers and I’ve not seen them encounter anyone. It’s literally just been, collect bananas, eat bananas, look through your scope, repeat.

Am I missing something?

Associate
OP
Watched a bit of a few streams on this, is it really that scarce? I’ve maybe watched total hour and half across few streamers and I’ve not seen them encounter anyone. It’s literally just been, collect bananas, eat bananas, look through your scope, repeat.

Am I missing something?

Not sure - a huge part of the game is the unexpected shenanigans that happens on the way - I crewed up with a couple of randos for 3 solid hours last night and I've never laughed so much in my life. We probably only managed three or four chests in that time, but came across a fair few other ships. In most cases we made short work of the crews and stole their ships - ended up with a small armada of two or three. Was awesome, but a little tricky to sail large ships solo so progress was slow!

don't know about the game so much, but the controller for this game looks sick!!

I agree - just can't justify the cost!

Soldato

Am I missing something?

I played solo Saturday evening for a bit and came across two other ships they both killed me but when i re-spawned one was still around the same island as i had sunk his ship, i managed to kill him find the treasure and return it only to find the same guy sneaking onto the island so i killed him again, I caught him by surprise as he made quite a noise over proximity chat lol.

Really enjoyed it though, quite relaxing at times and looks stunning, Not sure if it's even in 4k yet so potentially could look even better.

Associate
The E3 2016 trailer

Bit later for 2016 video, but don't seem to be much about the game on here.

I'm not sure why.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom