Sea of Thieves - released March 20th

Soldato
Is this game any good solo? I've bought it because I do like the look of it but don't really have anyone else who will be online.
honestly, its probably the last game Id want to play solo, you really need a group and comms.

If you've not yet broke the seal on the game, Id try the Gamepass 2 week trial first and return the game if you dont like it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m still not getting this so far it’s made no mans sky seem fun. It’s so boring with nothing really happening. I have given up it’s not for me. I will stick to Assassins creed for my Pirate thrills..... lol

Soldato
I'd hoped that this would be more focused than the beta, but Im still running around aimlessly. Some might enjoy its open-endedness but I think I need a bit more structure. Shame as it seems to have a lot of potential.

Associate
I'm guessing you need a C/C attached to your account to get the two free weeks ?

Yes but you can turn off the auto renew option on your Microsoft account at any time. It really should have an option that asks via email if you want to be charged a months worth of gold or gamepass etc with a simple yes or no choice.

Associate
Is this game any good solo? I've bought it because I do like the look of it but don't really have anyone else who will be online.

I’m guessing it’s fine but it might be a little boaring. I haven’t played much myself solo and these types of games are really geared towards groups of people even though the solo option is there.

You could always jump in with randoms and just join in on their adventure. Can be a laugh if you find a good crew.

Soldato
2 people easily. I manned it this morning solo with no issues. You have to move around a bit to adjust the sails, steer or raise/lower anchor but it's pretty easy to do even on your own.

I think the game is a little buggy still. I got my missions and set sail only to end up with no items or weapons or visible missions when I landed. I logged out and in and everything was fine. So far I am intrigued by it. It doesn't hand hold you have to pretty much figure it out for yourself and I like that. Can't wait to get home and play more tonight.

Associate
How many people do you need for a crew on the little ship. Could me and my brother play by ourselves say?

one person can "crew" the sloop . i'm thinking two would be better ( not tried that tho , giving it ago tonight ) but the galleons are harder to sink

Soldato
I spent a few hours on this last night, had issues to start with as i could not use my weapons once i step on the ship, had to move the game from external to internal and it worked fine then.

My self and my crew did a few chest quests and skeleton quests, plus a quest for chickens, we also found some sunken treasure which gave pretty good coin, but to top off the fun we were a man down as he crashed and couldn't re join and the Kraken appeared, it can happen any where, the sea will turn dark and the ship stops, then you fight it's tentacles, We won which was awesome, and carried on with the quest we had active.

Back
Top Bottom