1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea of Thieves worth playing?

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by nantucket66, Oct 10, 2018.

1. nantucket66

Hitman

Or has it had its day? (if it ever had one)?

If it has can anyone recommend some XB exclusives to a new user :)

Ta.

2. ricky1981

Mobster

Grab yourself a game pass subscription and try Forza Horizon 4, Gears of War 4, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Rise of the Tomb Raider, amongst others. Metacritic isn't a bad place to start to find a list of top exclusives although there aren't all that many must-haves.

Personally I didn't enjoy Sea of Thieves at all, super shallow gameplay despite some very pretty water effects. If you have a bunch of mates who play it then you'll enjoy it but it's a pretty dull solo experience in my opinion.

3. N0ddie

Gangster

It is definitely a game to play with mates. Up until they changed the inventory system we played it more than we probably should have but the fun we had was unreal.

4. nantucket66

Hitman

Thanks for that, I thought as much with Sea of Thieves, will probably give it a miss. Gaming socially with mates rarely works due to work, kids and life.

I've signed up for the Game Pass trial, will see what's what.
    ta :)

5. Plainsong

Soldato

It's good for a while even on your own. I'd say short lived though. I would give it a go just to experience the sailing because it really is something else.

6. McBain

Capodecina

In a word - no.

There are considerably better games just out, or about to come out. Yes they might be different genres, but still infinitely better.

Get FH4, pre order RDR2 or take a look at AC:Odyssey.

7. nantucket66

Hitman

My X was bundled with FH4, thoroughly enjoying that. We're on holiday for a week from the 29th so I'm keeping RDR2 until we get back, my missus is getting it for my birthday. I'm playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider which is pretty good. I looked at AC:O but I didn't want something too time consuming what with RDR2 so close. I'll pick it up down the line.

I tend to have a time consuming game plus something I pick up and put down easily like BF, FH4 at the same time.

I've signed up for game pass so I'll have a look at some of the suggestions on their, certainly plenty to choose from.

8. MikeB

Wise Guy

Sea of thieves is brilliant if you accept it's pointless, use the looking for group function and you will get a full crew in no time

Great for a blast but repetitive as hell, the game is about the people more than the game