Seagate FireCuda 530, 2 TB - M.2 PCIe Gen4 ×4 NVMe 1.4, transfer speeds up to 7,300 MB/s

Soldato
Can currently get this for £265. Do you think this is one of the best M2's at that price? This is the heatsink version. The Samsung 980 Pro is £20 less but has 2y less warranty.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you need full speed PCIe v4 drive, it's definitely one of the better.
Besides warranty also write endurance specification rating is far higher than in Samsung.

Soldato
WD SN850? Can get 2TB model for about £224 - much better purchase imo. Sure it was cheaper recently I got one last week for a relative.

Edit - Infact the 2TB SN850 can be had for £186 back-ordered if you shop around, which is what I paid last week for one. No brainer.

Soldato
Honestly when I was looking at getting my nvme drives I found there is so little difference between them that it was basically down to price/warranty/brand trust.

I was originally looking at 1tb wd 850's but managed to luck (sheer fluke of timing) in to an absolute bargain on 2x 2tb 530's with heatsinks (£158 each). Heatsink is VERY close to touching my gpu though and obviously I can't run the heatsink that came with the motherboard but other than that they've been fine. In the games I play I honestly can't see much difference between them and sata ssd's....

Soldato
Heatsink is VERY close to touching my gpu though and obviously I can't run the heatsink that came with the motherboard but other than that they've been fine.
Can you not remove the heatsink?

Looking at pictures of the drive, it looks to be 4 screws, 2 either side of the heatsink.

And well done on the price.

Soldato
Can you not remove the heatsink?
It's not actually touching but the gap is really small, looks less than 1mm.
Could I remove the heatsink, probably, but honestly I can't be bothered and I actually wanted the heatsink version for the second slot (no motherboard one). There's always a (small) risk of damaging the drive and I know I won't get them at such a low price again lol.

Soldato
Understand not wanting to risk damaging the drive.

As long as there is a small gap and a bit of airflow. :)
Even when I finally get my gpu upgrade and cover it even more (hurry up and release the damn rtx4000 series nvidia...) I'll still have a small amount of air creeping under it due to fans at bottom of case (o11 evo) so all good :)

Back
Top Bottom