Searching Yourself on Google

Soldato
OP
Interesting responses :p

I have nothing really to hide tbh, as I tell my friends I am on forums and stuff. Just wouldn't want forumers who now my name find my facebook and stuff (it is private, but still :p)

Soldato
My name is quite unique so it just brings up a load of my own stuff, Facebook, Twitter, my own website, local business directories, linkedin and forums I have posted on any anything else

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Whenever I search my name I end up with some guy who's a professional Tenor and then became a school teacher, that or some guys who run a property business in Australia.

Google imaging (safe search off for all pics) my name gives you a fetching picture of me in a pink beanie.

Soldato
I google and google image of myself, then I find...pretty much everything about me and where I live and how I looks like :(

Think I need to reconsider how much I share with the world, given that I have a non-english name in an English country and how easy it is to know everything there is about me.
Wish there was a way where you can "delete" yourself from google searches, that doesn;t include deleting all of your online profiles (such as LinkedIn etc)

Soldato
there is absolutely nothing to be found online about me using my real name. and even my forum nickname is common enough for there to be plenty of others using it (although my last.fm profile is first in the results for some reason)

Back
Top Bottom