Searching Yourself on Google

Associate
Doubt I would ever be able to find anything in google that was related to me by my name with people like the chairman of the premier league, the motor racing/aston martin guy and a general in the army sharing my name

Associate
Depending on my full or shortened name I either get just facebook, google+, etc... or that plus some articles about me at university and my only claim to fame on NPR. I beat the other person with my name and this makes me very happy however.

Associate
I don't use my real name anywhere on the internet, well apart from Facebook and eBay. Google searching my real name and I find old letters I had published in the Sunderland Echo spanning back over the last 15 years.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Apparently I had an entire TV episode with Derren Brown!

Edit: Come to think of it, that might not be as far fetched as I first thought... he might have made me forget it afterwards.

Soldato
I have a common first name and surname, and I avoid mixing "online" and "real-life" identities. So, little-to-nothing appears when searching for me. Outside of academia anyway...

Man of Honour
Find a couple of entries which really are me, but those are donations to charities, a handful of twitter things. I'm unsearchable on facebook, and am not on many forums or social websites. I'm fairly obscure. Don't know if I'm happy or disappointed by that! :p

Associate
An Illustrator & Graphic Designer, College Football Linebacker who looks like a beast and some fit girl. All that's worth mentioning.

TJM

TJM

Associate
I've got a rare name and every search result is about me, so I did as much purging as I could a few years ago - got admins to nuke accounts, asked webmasters to remove my name from pages, etc. It was all innocent stuff (XTREME X-MEN FAN CLUB!!!), but it was no-one else's business and what's on the internet now is going to be indexed somewhere forever.

I recently shut my LinkedIn account after I realised it was broadcasting my work history to the world. It's such a stupid website - it shows a lot more information to someone browsing anonymously than someone with a basic account.

Permabanned
It's scary the amount of stuff that pops up about me :(

I seem to be one of the biggest hits on google with my name. And my username is fairly uncommon as well, so I get a load of stuff about gaming and music :)

Is there a way to have your details removed from 192.com? I really don't want to have my details there.

Associate
^ pic of yourself as a fit girld required please

rNgKHyj0_tSKjarvge3C.png

Not too shabby

Caporegime
It's scary the amount of stuff that pops up about me :(

I seem to be one of the biggest hits on google with my name. And my username is fairly uncommon as well, so I get a load of stuff about gaming and music :)

Is there a way to have your details removed from 192.com? I really don't want to have my details there.

Nope. They paid for that information legally and is their business model for making money.

Would be no good if people can get the info removed........

However, you can contact the council and have your info removed from the electoral roll however that may cause you other problems as other companies use that info to verify you are who you say you are.......

http://www.192.com/misc/privacy-policy/

Back
Top Bottom