Season Ticket Share

Man of Honour
I've been on the Spurs season ticket waiting lost for 5 years no and I'm still no where the top.

A chap at work and his elder son have been a season ticket for years but this year he's thinking of surrendering one but has asked me if i fancy a joint share.

I have stated we would need a written agreement as to what games I attend up front and certainly when it comes to the "A" class home games such as Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd etc..

The only flip side I can see is that I won't be accruing any loyalty points for game attendance on my own membership which I'll continue as I don't want to loose my place on the list.

Has anyone done this? Can you see any downsides to this or something I may not have thought of?

Thanks

Caporegime
I didn't think there was a problem with it, the thing with Rotty was that the person he sold the ticket to possibly sold the ticket on at a profit, which is a no no.

Soldato
I did this for a few years a United. We flipped for the first game of the season then simply took it in turns. One season I ended up with City, Liverpool and Chelsea games :)

Soldato
It's technically not allowed as the tickets are not transferable. However, in practice, it happens all the time.

Just make sure you get your agreement about who has which games, cup games etc.

In terms of building your loyalty points can you not still keep buying the tickets for the individual games and sell them to your mates? (Again, not allowed but it happens) Or go to the ones your other mate has the season ticket for.

Soldato
Have a friend who did this for Arsenal for the last few years (apparently a break from terrible champ and l1 football was needed, I didn't see why as Wayne Thomas at CB away to Torquay is the pinnacle of football...), he seemed to like it, massive stadium and got to also go to a few decent midweek games (including a few European games to see Chamberlain). Wasn't too impressed he picked Arsenal instead of a few silly midweek games though.

Basically make sure you know which games are yours in advance and don't miss out on the waiting list for your own ticket.

Pretty good idea to ensure the seats always filled though, the guys behind me do this a little, so some weeks theres a few odd random people instead of the usual (slightly racist) guys. Just make sure the seat's always used, no one complains more than a season ticket seat being empty (especially on big games)

Man of Honour
OP
I did this for a few years a United. We flipped for the first game of the season then simply took it in turns. One season I ended up with City, Liverpool and Chelsea games :)

Yes I think I'd rather draw the top games from a hat. I normally see Liverpool, not too fussed over the others.

In terms of building your loyalty points can you not still keep buying the tickets for the individual games and sell them to your mates? (Again, not allowed but it happens) Or go to the ones your other mate has the season ticket for.

Could do.. Never thought of that. The "C" class games tend to accrue more points (5) than the "A" (1) or "B" (3) games. So it's possible.

Soldato
I know Arsenal fans who do this because they can't afford the £1200+ needed for a season ticket at the Emirates.

I haven't seen anyone do similar at Spurs. However everyone, including me, gives any ticket that can't use to mates. Never had any problems. Why would the club want to see empty seats? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom