1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seasonic Focus Plus Gold Fan Noise

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by maklabouhlel, Nov 8, 2018.

1. maklabouhlel

Hitman

Hi, can the unit be run with fan permanently on and, if so, how noisy would it be? Would it then run at full speed or would there still be fan control?

2. maklabouhlel

Hitman

All the info is on the Seasonic site. I should have looked there first, sorry.

3. lee32uk

Underboss

Always good to ask even though you didn't get a reply :p I would let it run with the fan on and see what the noise is like. Some units can ramp the fan up in hybrid mode but it just depends on the fan profile and fan. At least in fanned mode it should be less aggressive.

4. maklabouhlel

Hitman

I've just heard the fan noise of a unit in NORMAL mode and it's not appealing, that would really bother me. I don't know if that's an isolated case or they all sound like that. I need the fan to be on all the time since it's the only fan in the case. Looks like it's going to be the be quiet! straight power or dark power pro.

5. lee32uk

Underboss

I can't answer that but it wouldn't be as noticeable once it was in the case and the side panel is on. Also most people would have their case more than 50cm from Earshot.

If you haven't already bought it and want a quieter unit then sure BeQuiet can be good, and there is also the Corsair RMi and Bitfenix Whisper. That one has an ugly 24 pin cable though so not the best if you want the cables to look good.

6. maklabouhlel

Hitman

Thanks for the suggestions.

7. Seasonic Rep

Associate

Hello,

This is not the usual fan noise and in this case, it's covered by the warranty. any issue with your warranty you can either contact your reseller or contact us for any assistance. We will gladly help you.

Thank you.
    Best Regards,